Michigan-Lansing

East Lansing Marriott

Hi there,Been engaged since January, had plans to have our wedding at a small resort in SW Michigan, but our place dumped us (they don't normally do weddings). So, hundreds of hours of planning went up in smoke. Anyway, after shedding a few tears and dusting ourselves off, we're re-thinking everything, and haven't used the knot at all. Actually, I wonder if I could have avoided our predicament had I gotten on here sooner. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the Marriott, or anyplace else where we could have the entire wedding, and also have guests stay. We're thinking of a New Years Eve wedding and the Kellogg Center doesn't do events when the students aren't in town.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!Allison

Re: East Lansing Marriott

• edited December 2011
    I didnt have my wedding at the Marriott but guests, including myself, stayed there (we had MSU Garden wedding and recpetion in the Stadium) and they were awesome. The suites have HUGE balconys, we had about 20 people out there the night before- Douglas J Aveda did all our hair, they were great too. It's very cute if you want a downtown EL atmosphere.
  • edited December 2011
    We checked out the Marriott early on and really liked it.  The catering director (if it's still the same one!) is awesome and prices are pretty comparable to other places in the area.  Also, the area could be a plus if you have OOT guests since there's so much to do in walking distance.We wanted a venue with hotel rooms as well, and ended up going with the Sheraton.  What sold us there was the ballroom, the service and the FOOD (so good).  You should definitely pop in there and check it out.  Tara Hart is who you need to get in touch with and she is GREAT.GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • alknappalknapp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking at the Marriott as well.  They sound reasonable, and the girl I talked to today was kind and helpful from the start.  I would also suggest looking into the Lansing Center or the Radisson downtown.  Also, I bet if you went for New Year's Day instead of NYE, you might have better chances.Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards