Michigan-Lansing

New to Michigan - Bay City

Hi ladies. I just moved to Bay City a few weeks ago & I am trying to plan a very small wedding for November. I'm not familiar with the resources around Bay City, so I have a lot of questions. First I need to know if I should be posting to the Lansing board or the Detroit board. Where am I more likely to get the help & answers I need? Thanks!

Re: New to Michigan - Bay City

• amazgamazg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi holly i have lived in bay city my whole life.... still do what can I help you with if anything.. where are you from and what made you choose Bay City?
  • edited December 2011
    We have the venue (Keswick Manor), catering (same) and cake (my aunt) all settled. I also have our attire sorted out, other than renting FI's suit. I haven't settled on a florist yet. I have talked the the ladies at Keit's & I am planning to talk to the Petal Boutique. I'm note sure if we'll be able to afford a photographer, but I would love to have one if there is an affordable one around. I'm looking for some place that makes fabulous cheesecakes, as a surprise for FI. I still need hair & makeup. and I am looking for a local place to get caramel apples for favors. Yep, I still need lots of help. LOL I am originally from North Carolina and I moved here because my dad, who was Michigan raised, lives here. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer. :)
  • amazgamazg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get my hair done at Class Act on Midland street they are resonably priced. My cousin is doing my make-up o that does't really help you..Candy apples--- try Baynes in Freeland or St Laurent Bro. downtown Bay City.Photographers---- I have some friends that take pics on the side for the cost of your prints (they want pics for their portfolios) if you cant afford a real one that is an option.I know there is a place that does cheesecake but ill have to get back to you on that one.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the salon & candy apples information! :) I'll check it out. I would love to have contact information for some of your friends who might be willing to do the photography. The only two people in my family who can take a decent photo is are the two getting married. LOL Thanks so much for your help!
  • amazgamazg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    his e-mail address is k94710@gmail.com  No problem if there is anything else you think of let me know by the way my name is Alecia  
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Alecia! What is his name?
  • amazgamazg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brent and Brian
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't actually had this place's cheesecake, but I'm in love with their pie & I would just assume the cheesecake is good too...Grand Traverse Pie Company! I think the closest location to you would be Midland.
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • edited December 2011
    Horizons patissere  http://www.921bake.com/ has amzing cheesecakes and wedding cakes.   I promise!  I am using their conference center for our reception and they include all there cakes and cheescakes in their tastings...very good!   As far as a photographer...think very hard about having a friend do the photographer,  always look at their portfolios and see other wedding work they have done...its harder then taking picutres at a famiy reunion. Good luck and congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info. :) I'm using the guys Alecia suggested for photography. As far as cheesecake, I contacted the Patisserie & they wouldn't do a lemon cheesecake, which is what my FI loves. But as another pp suggested, I contacted Grand Traverse Pie Company & they said they would be happy to make lemon & whatever else I wanted. :) YAY! I really appreciate all the help, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards