Michigan-Lansing

****NPriceLove****

First, I'd like to thank you for all your reviews...they have been very helpful.  I noticed you got your chair covers from a non-lansing vendor.  Do you think it was worth it...or would it be easier to deal with someone around the area where you could look over what they have in person.  Also, did this vendor do any other decorating for you and were you happy with it.  Thanks for your comments and advice...it is appreciated!

Re: ****NPriceLove****

• npricelovenpricelove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Betsy,  I think getting my chair covers from a non-Lansing vendor was worth the price but I'm not sure if it was worth the hastle.  If I had to do it all over again...I would book her again just to save the money.  Her chair covers were $1.75 a cover and I think I paid $50-$75 for her to travel to Lansing.  Where as every vendor here is $3.50 to $4.50 a cover.  So it also depends on how many you need.  I needed 200 so it was well worth the difference in price.  Also, I would recommend that you meet her in person, even if you have to travel to the Detroit area, so you can look at her colors before you book her.  I was happy with the color that I choose, it was exactly what I wanted.  I also know that she has done quite a few weddings in the Lansing area lately so you could probably meet with her here when she is doing a wedding.  She did not do any other decorations for me.  My florist did the dance floor and the pergola for the wedding.  And I had the table runners made and my DOC decorated the tables etc.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohh... I forgot to say what my main hassle was with her.  Once I booked her it took her forever to respond to email..I'm talking about 1 month.  The only thing I was emailing her about was getting a sample swatch.  And then it took her about 4 months to finally send me the sashes so I could specifically choose the color I wanted.  But then I would mention something about her not replying to my emails on the DetroitBoard, she would send me an email in like 10 minutes...So I know she stalked the boards.  But I didn't care..hey if that's what it took to get her to respond to me, it was worth it.  I can say that I think she realizes that people are complaining about her communication issue..because just days before my wedding she would respond to my emails within minutes.  So maybe she is improving..hopefully, because if she could do that, she would have a great business!And she also did my napkins.
  • Betsyboo13Betsyboo13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your response!  I might have other questions for you down the road...you seem to have it all together!  Oh, and by the way...you were a beautiful bride on your wedding day.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Betsy!  I tried to dot my i's and cross all my t's before getting married so if you need any help just let me know.  Now that I am married, I am starting to get a little board with these board, so if I don't answer a page within a couple of days, you can always email me at npricelove@aol.comNicole
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards