Michigan-Lansing

Has anyone Used Millenium Entertainment?

My FI and I just met with them yesterday. I got really good vibes from them. (we are thinking of them for a photographer and DJ) We got to me with a photographer and DJ, who then we can select to do our wedding. I really did like them, I'm just nervous about forking our over a thousand dollars. Just wondered if any of you had used them at all??

Re: Has anyone Used Millenium Entertainment?

• npricelovenpricelove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking about using them and when I posted that on this board...there were a lot of negative comments.  I don't think I got any positive comments.  I just heard that they didn't do a good job at keeping people on the dance floor.  I probably asked about them a year ago...who knows they could have improved since then.
  • Anniee1963Anniee1963 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used them for our wedding in May, and were not impressed at all. We had gone to a wedding a year ago where they did a great job, but the guy we had was not good. Every single little thing- he kept coming to us. We had made out a very complete detailed schedule of the order and when we wanted things to happen, but he kept asking us what we wanted next and at what time. He did not do a good job of keeping people out on the dance floor, and by the time he played some of the songs we had specifically requested, over half our guests had left. For the money, I would definitely recommend looking elsewhere.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies! While I didn't dislike them when I met them, there is something that I can't quite put my finger on, that makes me not very excited about them. I think i'll check with some other vendors before making a final decision.
  • edited December 2011
    We had them as a DJ for our October 10th wedding and I was not impressed. I wouldn't recommend them. I met Richard (owner and photographer for ME) at a bridal show last fall and really liked him. I also liked Christy, she was helpful when I had questions but my DJ Sharon was disorganized and Catherine, the office manager or whatever, is rude and unprofessional. I'd look elsewhere... Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I met with Millenium and felt they try to be active in every part of the wedding business. It scared me that they were spreading themselves a little thin and don't really focus on one area. If they were DJ/slideshow or photog/video I might have been less hesitant. Though I could choose my photog or DJ they wouldn't offer a discount if for some reason they had to change who that person was and that seems to be a big problem with many of the companies owners that hire people out instead of running it themselves. Not all but if they have multiple locations (chain store DJ or photog) like Millenium, Aava, and Bella do, consistancy is a big problem. For me if there was no discount if they had to send in a back-up there was no sale. $1000 deposit to secure them seems a bit steep.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Girls! I don't think i'm going with them. I'm meeting with 2 other dj's this weekend and 2 more photographers soon. Kjohnson813 - Tammy O. did your pictures didn't she, I saw some on her FB profile. She used to be my step-sister - small world! Your pictures are beautiful!
  • I am sorry to hear the brides comments above, we have enjoyed working with all of our brides. We have many of our past brides that have given us great recommendations and all inquiring brides can have them on request. We strive to make your wedding perfect. That's our number one goal.  I truly appreciate the opinions of all of our brides, they are what matter to this company. We will continue to strive for 100% satisfaction and make changes to give you the best. Thank you,Millenium Entertainment
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards