Michigan-Lansing
Options

Ceremony location help

Hello! I need some ideas for a ceremony in the marshall/battle creek area...Our church is not avalible that day. It doesn't need to be at a church I just would like to get something booked for right around 150-200 people. Thank you!

Re: Ceremony location help

• Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Try Southern Exposure off Gorsline Rd near Battle Creek. Some friends of mine got married there over the weekend but I couldn't go.  Several of our friends have raved though about how nice it was.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This may be super expensive, but what about the Battle Creek Country Club???
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The thing is I have a hall booked for the reception, which was really affordable, but not where I want my ceremony. I tried Southern exposure but they do not do just ceremonies. (bummer) and it's even on a Sunday. I will have to look up the BC country club. THanks for the ideas!
  • Options
    elkayelkay member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not familiar with specific places in Marshall (I'm usually on the Detroit board, although I live a the edge of Ingham Cty). But let me toss out some general ideas: - museums - public parks or gardens - historical houses  - B&Bs (perhaps best for a smaller guest list than yours though) - the grounds/gardens/halls of a community college - would there be another church of your denomination nearby that would accomodate you? Isn't there a restored theater in Marshall? What about that historical village up near Hastings? Charlton or some similar name? Also ask your (or the banquet hall's) caterer. They usually know all the likely venues in an area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards