Michigan-Lansing

Crappy day anyone? Complaining to follow.....

Anyone else having kind of a crappy day? First of all I woke up and it was raining and soaked outside, at least most of that has cleared up. The church that we've been going to for a couple of weeks, which we really like, called back this afternoon to talk about the date of our wedding, etc. So, I told the lady June 19th, 2010, and she said that's a blackout date. Like there's nothing going on at the church itself, but the person who coordinates weddings has something else going on, on that day. Doesn't that seem odd? So, I asked if there was someone else who could do it, or if we could work with times. No. So, I was just kind of saying to myself over the phone "Oh, that's too bad b/c it would've worked so well with the reception location being right down the road." The lady literally said "Oh well." Really? Oh well? Yea, that's how I feel about my wedding day, oh well. Whatever, that just pissed me off, and I'm studying for midterms and my mom keeps giving such strange suggestions for the wedding. Whew, I'm done. Thanks!

Re: Crappy day anyone? Complaining to follow.....

• alhelleralheller member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry you had a bad day! And it sounds like that woman was just being awful and inconsiderate. If it makes you feel any better, I went to order my bridesmaid dresses yesterday and they were out of stock and won't be getting them back in stock. I told the girls $90, but now it's going to more and I feel like a jerk! But I believe that everything happens for a reason, so we'll put the crappy days behind us and look forward to our happy futures. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, where did you find dresses for $90?! That's awesome! All the ones I've looked at are over $100. Yes everything happens for a reason. I'm laughing about it now just b/c I always find it hilarious when people at church are mean or rude. It just seems somewhat hypocritical to me. I mean, we're all people and we have bad days, but I don't swear at church and I try not to be mean either. lol. Only 2 more days til Friday-and that means more dress trying on for me!
  • edited December 2011
    My dad will throw out off the wall suggestions than bring up the budget...He just really doesn't understand so I told him I wasn't discussing the wedding with him anymore. He apoloigzed (sp) and now we can talk about things without him being all crazy lol
  • alhelleralheller member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I found the dresses at http://www.ebridalsuperstore.com. They ended up being $98--still not bad! And they've been really helpful with sizing and what-not. I guess we all have little things that drive us nuts, family always being one of them :) I have to remind myself that they are trying to help. lol
  • edited December 2011
    bethann- your dad is doing exactly what my mom is doing. so frustrating! Keep your head up ladies, it's Friday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards