Michigan-Lansing

Rustic venues??????

Hey I'm having a hard time finding a venue and our wedding is fast approaching.. I'm not from the city I live in a small town on the outskirts of lansing so a city wedding isn't our style. I was wondering if any of you have found or ran a crossed a more rustic venue or heard of an "elegant" barn like atmosphere near the south side of lansing somewhere close to Mason or Okemos that can hold 225 people. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it.

Re: Rustic venues??????

• kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never been to either of these places, but I've heard great things about the English Inn in Eaton Rapids. I'm not sure if it has the rustic feel you are looking for or not though.

English Inn

Based on the pictures alone, I think maybe the Brookshire Inn and Golf Club in Williamston might be more of what you are shooting for. And it's close to Okemos.

Brookshire Inn - on the knot

Their website

Actually, now that I'm looking at the brookshire inn, I'm kind of feeling like I should have checked them out! The prices for food are really good too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out Country Mill Orchard in Potterville?  The pictures online look pretty and definitely rustic.

On the north side of town is the Peacock Road Tree Farm.

There is also a reception facility at the Ingham County Fairgrounds in Mason, although it probably isn't the rustic feel you are looking for.
  • edited December 2011
    The Brookshire Inn is where we're having ours.  I think it sort of a has a rustic feel, though I would've liked to choose something ever more rustic.  It's all wood inside and is kind of out away from the city.

I also looked into the barn at Woldumar Natre Center in Lansing.  This might be a good option.  I think you have to get your own caterer though, and we didn't want to do that.  Here's their website:

http://www.woldumar.org/rentals.php
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    It's not exactly barn-rustic but House in the Woods in Dewitt does outdoor receptions in a tent attached to a (REALLY NICE) rustic style "cabin" with a bunch of rooms and common living areas. There's also another building with lots of rooms and common areas but does not have a rustic theme.

We're having our reception there. Feel free to PM me!

http://www.artsandcraftdesign.com/
    (The URL is deceiving, but this is for the House in the Woods)
  • edited December 2011
    The Country Mill in Potterville/Charlotte is a great place where your guest will be seated comfortably. My best friend is getting married their next August and they have been wonderful and accomadating to her needs. I'm considering it myself! :)

http://www.orchardwedding.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards