Michigan-Lansing

Bachelorette Party Ideas!

I am looking for ideas for my bachelorette party. I am open to anywhere in the greater Lansing area. I just do not know what to do. I am having about 12 girls and everyone is over 21. Thanks!

Re: Bachelorette Party Ideas!

• ChipGirl11ChipGirl11 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012

I think it would depend a lot on what KIND of bachelorette you wanted to have.  Are you laid back, and think painting some pottery and drinking wine would be good (or something like that) or do you want to go out and party?

• I definitely want to go out and party.
  • Well, there's Harem Urban Lounge in Lansing, I know you can call ahead and get some VIP treatment and bottle service.  It's a dance club with lots of hip hop more downtown-ish.  Then in downtown East Lansing there's a lot of bars/dance clubs like Harpers, PT O'Malley's and Rick's. 

That's pretty much where my knowledge of the clubs/party spots in the area ends.  I didn't go to college in the area, but we went out for my bachelorette to Dublin Square in downtown East Lansing because it was a little more low key, but there was still dancing and the bartenders there are awsome.
  • Rum Runners in downtown Lansing.  They have dueling pianos and is popular wit bachelorette parties.
  • I was not a fan of Rum Runners for my sister's bachelorette.  They are VERY raunchy with their bachelorette's and I felt like it was too embarassing.  I guess if you didn't go up there on the piano it wouldn't be so bad (or maybe you'd enjoy it, but I said NO WAY for mine.)

We went to Harem for my bachelorette party and I loved it!  If you call ahead you should be able to get in for free I think. 
    Anniversary
  • I went to michigan state and i agree with the previous posts. rum runners is kinda out there, but i went there a few years ago for my friends bachlorette party and it was fine. I've never heard of Harem...it must have opened after I graduated. 

If you go in downtown EL, you will have to party with a bunch of college kids. I don't know how old you are, but even a couple years after college, I felt too old to be there. When I was in college, we usually went to Ricks, Harpers, PT's, and the Landshark (shark bowls!!!). If you go to Harpers, go downtown (ie: the basement?)..its more clubby, or at least it was then. 

There's always the post & woddy's too. Definitely go to the peanut barrel and get a long island...they only allow you to drink 2!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • <div>The Post is gone!!</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_bachelorette-party-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:211dbf44-257f-47d7-869f-e37b6468f9f9Post:af86cb95-01c7-4395-82ba-a2295018d3b2">Re: Bachelorette Party Ideas!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to michigan state and i agree with the previous posts. rum runners is kinda out there, but i went there a few years ago for my friends bachlorette party and it was fine. I've never heard of Harem...it must have opened after I graduated.  If you go in downtown EL, you will have to party with a bunch of college kids. I don't know how old you are, but even a couple years after college, I felt too old to be there. When I was in college, we usually went to Ricks, Harpers, PT's, and the Landshark (shark bowls!!!). If you go to Harpers, go downtown (ie: the basement?)..its more clubby, or at least it was then.  There's always the post & woddy's too. Definitely go to the peanut barrel and get a long island...they only allow you to drink 2!!
    Posted by spartybride3[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards