Michigan-Lansing

Beware of Charlar Place!!!

I recently checked out the venue, and the coordinator was EXTREMELY rude. She never introduced herself, got annoyed when we asked questions- probably one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had. The owner herself was even worse, which, in my opinion, is certainly not the way to treat people who could potentially be spending a huge sum of money at your venue. The floors were disgusting, and the kitchen had a funky smell. The bathrooms were small and kind of dirty. They claim the ceremony site can accomodate 150, and the reception hall can handle 225, but your guests would have to be packed like sardines, The 'bridal suite' is no more than a storage closet with a small vanity in it- it was packed full of linens and other items, and would never fit an entire bridal party, even a small one.

I looked into the place because I have seen several positive reviews about the venue-- looking further into it, I realized that these reviews are all by the same 2 people, who at some point identify themselves as coordinators of Charlar Place. What jerks!!! Every other review I have seen has been negative.

The only good thing I can say for the place is they are very budget- friendly, but really, who wants to sacrifice great service just to save a few bucks? I feel sorry for anyone who has had their wedding at this place.

Re: Beware of Charlar Place!!!

• edited December 2011
    Im so happy you posted this, i was actually going to go check this place out, but was skeptical. I'll definitely be saving my time for someone who appreciates it. THANKS!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We had looked at Charlar when we first started planning. I never saw it in person (I live out of state) but FI was not impressed with them. We wanted a place with an outdoor ceremony space, and he said their space was overgrown with weeds and the pond nearby was all green and filmy. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards