Michigan-Lansing
Options

Insurance

For our reception venue we are required to have a $ 1,000,000 Limitied Liablity Insurance Policy (event policy) and I'm having a bit of trouble finding Insurance companies that provide those.  I found one, and that was Farm Bureau and they are getting me a quote, but if you know of any others that would be really helpful.  Thank you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Insurance

• Options
    I was told by a reception hall that we looked into that home insurance should cover that....not sure if the liability insurance is the same thing that they required, but just thought i'd let you know!
  • Options
    People will sometimes get a rider on their home owners insurance for a reception - that is what DD's IL's did for their reception.  It is a one day rider, just for the reception.

YOu could also check wedsafe.com.  I don't know what all they offer, but they do offer some kind of wedding insurance.
  • Options
    Check out www.wedsafe.com. They have limited liability as well as coverage for if you have to cancel, reschedule, etc.
  • Options
    My venue noted that you can add a one day rider to your homeowner's insurance policy to cover their Limited Liability / Host Liquor Liability requirement.  My fiance and I are having my parents do it - and they just cosigned on the venue rental - since we don't own our home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards