Michigan-Lansing
Options

Where to get BM dresses

Hi everyone,

We're getting married in September and running rather late on getting the BM dresses.  FI and I will be paying for 2 of the 3 BM dresses so we're hoping to keep it under $100 apiece.  Knowing it was prom season I had hoped we'd be able to find dresses instead of going to a bridal store, but we need turqoise or a very close color to it and we already went through the mall.  Also I'm afraid we may not have time to order dresses that require alterations at this point.

Does anyone have any ideas?
imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where to get BM dresses

• Options
    kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found an Alfred Angelo dress I loved and ordered them through the Wedding Bell. Don't know if that will help you but it may still be possible for your time frame.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my sister a dress for $115 at Mildred's (downtown BC). And I'd look at the typical prom stores (ie - Deb). Also if you find something, I'd look online at used sites like ebay, recycledbrides, etc (I had luck with that for one for prom a few years ago). GL!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to both of you.  I've pretty much covered every single store in the mall and turned up nothing except for one store in the Meridian mall called Vanity which had the right color, but the dress was like cotton.  Not sure if that would be appropriate wedding party wear (prolly not). LOL
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

You might want to check Group USA in Great Lakes Crossings in Auburn Hills.  I think they have bridesmaids dresses in stock and reasonable prices.  I haven't been there, but this is what I've been told.  It might at least be worth a phone call.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_bm-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:96Discussion:471f7cae-8963-4262-8467-2cf9d11f374ePost:08552c54-9c3a-40a0-ae6a-3ee8efd57eeb">Re: Where to get BM dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]You might want to check Group USA in Great Lakes Crossings in Auburn Hills.  I think they have bridesmaids dresses in stock and reasonable prices.  I haven't been there, but this is what I've been told.  It might at least be worth a phone call.
    Posted by gailpete[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much!  I love that mall and have been looking for an excuse to go there.  I will check it out before going, but thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    FutureNovakFutureNovak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This may be a little too "out of the box" but I am actually planning on going untraditional and have been perusing sites like Vicky's Secret, Alloy, Forever 21 - to keep costs down for my bridesmaids.

My girls all know their sizes they'd take there, and shipping only takes a few days - most of the ones I like are only like $40!

Just a thought!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards