Michigan-Lansing

Reception Site

I'm having troubles finding a reception site that will allow me to bring the food in!! My fiance's family has no problem with cooking for our wedding since the family is SO big this is a way for me to save money!! If anyone has any ideas or know's of any places that I can check out for my reception I would LOVE some places to check out!!!

Re: Reception Site

• edited December 2011
    have you tried a church in youir area? or you coulkd go with the idea that we did we are hvaing our reception and ceremony in a wedding barn (ours is at the Nutt Barn in Revanna Mi) lol. But it is a nice place and they did not tell us we had to have a certain carterer so I imaging they would let us cook on our own if we wanted to. But the down side is that they do not have a kitchen to cook so we have to bring everyrhing all ready prepared but I bet you could find one that would have a kitchen so you could prepare the food there. Hope this helps

melissa
    October 22, 2011
  • jdkarstenjdkarsten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check with a local school that may have a nice cafeteria or lounge type area.
    I work at a school and we have had a few weddings over the years.

• dfritz27dfritz27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was considering the Turner Dodge House in Lansing.  It's a beautiful house and they have a very nice spot outside for the ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!! It does help to get ideas from other people!! ;) I guess I just didn't realize how stressful all this was lol!
  • llmw07llmw07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What abou any nice halls in the area?
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards