Michigan-Lansing
Options

Wedding Flowers

Hi everyone!!

Just trying to gather an idea for my flowers and what everyone else wants for their wedding.

What is your price range for flowers?
Are you planning on having them as centerpieces and decorated where you have the ceremony?

I love flowers, but since I don't have much money for flowers, I want to get the best bang for my buck - suggestions are welcome for ways to save, etc :-)

204 image Ready to party with us!
84 image Will be Dancing the night away!
20 image Won't be having any fun
100 image Got Lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would highly suggest calling Petal and Forest! I have LOVED my experience so far! I was able to meet with Dawn and gave her my budget and then a few days later she sent me her ideas and the cost. She made amazing suggestions that still kept me in my budget She is making our ceremony space (Catholic Church)  look amazing and then transfering everything used in the church to the reception venue (Eagle Eye)! I feel like I'm double dipping, but getting the best bang for my dollar!

Good luck!
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Ele3 Events.  They are doing the floral as well as DOC so they will move the flowers fromt he ceremony to the reception at no charge.  If you use them for floral they discount the DOC package.  They've been great to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Petal & Forrest as well, and I've found them to be extremely helpful and conscientious about staying within a budget.  I didn't give Dawn my budget when I requested the quote, but her quote came in over $3000 less than another event and decor company in town for nearly the same floral and decor elements.  I was extremely impressed with their shop and I got great reviews on them from a number of other wedding professionals in the town.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was also impressed with Petal and Forrest when I met with them.  However, I have a very small floral budget ($800) and the only way she could make that work was to order the flowers for me and have me do all the work.  I'm not doing that. 

I also went to Van Atta's.  Britt was great and is trying very hard to work within my budget.  Finally, I met with a lady named Michelle McDevitt who was recommended by my venue.  She is super cheap and nice, but I'm having some trouble with communication.  She always takes at least a week to get back with me.

Anyway, I haven't decided between Van Atta's and Michelle yet, but both are far cheaper than Petal and Forrest and I think either would do a great job.  If you wanted Michelle's number, PM me.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Petal and Forrest as well.  I initially wasn't going to do centerpieces but I didn't like the look of what I came up with myself.  Dawn really worked with me and I cut the initial quote in half by using my own vases, votives, and DIY centerpieces (she's ordering the flowers and my DOC is putting them together.)

For $1245, I am getting altar flowers, 4 bouquets, 1 toss bouquet, 7 bouts, 2 corsages, and 18 centerpieces.

I cannot recommend Dawn enough.  I met with her and another florist and was very impressed with Dawn and not so much with the other.

Also, my DOC is essentially paying for herself (and more) with the amount of money I am saving on flowers by DIY.
  • Options
    pauli1snpauli1sn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would you mind giving me Michelle's Number?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards