Michigan-Lansing
Options

I just want to cry!

I know that I should have booked everything earlier, but we didn't.  Now that place I wanted to book for the ceremony only is avaliable before noon and after 4:30. OR we could move our wedding to the following weekend and have it before one or after 5:30.  I wanted to have a 1:00 wedding with a few hours in between to spend time taking photos and being with my wedding party.  What time is normal for a wedding? Do you think noon is too early?

Re: I just want to cry!

• Options
    kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's too early, especially if it means you get the location you really want.
    I don't think there's a "normal" time. I've heard of them anytime from early afternoon until early evening (5 or 6 pm).

Just breathe, everything will work out :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Noon is fine for a ceremony.  Relax.

What time will the reception start?  You mention spending a few hours on pictures and relaxing.  Will you have cocktail hours or some other hospitality for your guests during this time?  If not, you have created what, on the Knot is referred to as the dreaded "gap".  If that is the case, you may find that some people choose to skip the ceremony and just come to the reception so they don't have to find some way to entertain themselves between the ceremony and reception.  Gaps aren't my favorite thing, but I know sometimes they are unavoidable.  However, some people are very opposed to them and find them rude especially if it is not for religious reasons (i.e., some churches will not allow weddings after 2 due to evening masses).  Just a heads-up so you are aware of how some people may react.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards