Michigan-Lansing

Seeking Vendor Recommendations

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could let me know their impressions or experiences with "Weddings by Nicole."  I've met with her once and she seems very nice and has very good ideas.  I am planning on renting chair covers, linens, and having her do centerpieces.

I think I would like a different florist to do bouquets.  Anyone think that is a good/bad idea?

Also, I'm looking for recommendations for florists, string quartets, videographer (that is very reasonably priced).

Thanks!!!!

Re: Seeking Vendor Recommendations

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Petal and Forrest for my flowers and they make beautiful bouquets.  I also thought they were pretty reasonably priced and I was impressed by their work.  I'm using Andy Owen at Owen Video for videography.  I'm not sure how his prices compare to others in the area, but I really liked him and his work.
  • gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

My DD is using Ele3 Events for her flowers and DOC.  She is using Deep End Films for her videography.  They are from the Kalamazoo area and are nice and reasonably priced.

For videography you may want to check the vendor reviews above, as well as the ones on the Detroit and Grand Rapids boards, as most of them will travel to the Lansing area.

Can't help on the string quartet, we are still looking for one, so if you find one, let me know. Wink

• kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Petal and Forrest.

Check the MSU Gigline for some small ensemble listings.  http://music.msu.edu/gigline/gigline.php
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using All Grand Events for flowers and reception decor.  She has great chair cover and sash prices!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    222 Invited image
    173 Ready to Party image
    49 Missing Out image
    0 Not Replied image
    RSVP Date: May 20, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    We too are using Petal and Forrest - have nothing but great things to say about Dawn and her staff! She is not doing our bouquets but all of our flowers and decor for the day including linens and chaircovers/sashes!

We are also using Complete DJ/Videography as we won a great package at Eagle Eye Bridal Show and have nothing but great things to say about working with them thus far! I know of people who have used them as well and have a great things to say with a great final product. I am not too sure how they compare with other vendors in this catagory since we got the discount!

Good Luck!
  • jdukusjdukus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi all! Newlywed here! I didn't post much during planning, but I do want to be able to help other people looking for vendor reviews now that my wedding is over! 

I just want to let you know that I used Petal and Forrest as well and LOVED, LOVED, LOVED what they did. My bouquet was gorgeous, my bridesmaid bouquets were equally gorgeous and I asked Dawn to create a unique backdrop of fall tree branches that was absolutely stunning! Highly recommend!

I also rented some linens and supplies from All Grand Events and also loved them. I did the set up myself, but Rosemary was very helpful, especially with my many changes and questions throughout planning! And the prices were great!

Hope this helps!
  • smsnow26smsnow26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the recommendations.  As far as invitations; has anyone purchased them from theknot.com??  I've seen some great styles and prices on there.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards