Michigan-Lansing

Rehearsal Dinner for large group? Suggestions??

I'm looking for a place for our rehearsal dinner. We have a fairly large number of people coming to it (40ish) and need somewhere that can accomodate us. Have any of you had yours somewhere that you loved?? What type of food was there and was it worth the price?

Re: Rehearsal Dinner for large group? Suggestions??

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Old Chicago can accomodate up to 50 people in their private room.  I just booked them yesterday and they are the most reasonably priced of the places I looked into.
  • gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We are using Spartan Hall of Fame Cafe.  We have about 40 people as well and the room is plenty big enough.  You can do a choice of 3 different entrees or a buffet.
  • edited December 2011
    I used to work at La Senorita and we sometimes had rehearsal dinners in our banquet room.  They can fit a lot of people, like 60 or so.  It's not the highest class place, but it's awfully yummy.  They will do things like a fajita or taco bar if you want.  Or you can do a custom menu and they'll give you one price per person, including a pop.  Or you can just go off the regular menu.  It shouldn't be over $10-12 a person, no matter which option you chose.  I worked there for 6 years and still eat there.  If you like Mexican, I'd check it out.  I'm considering having mine there, but I think I want a pizza and beer kind of thing.

Anniversary
  • MSUbride2011MSUbride2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have several options for rehearsal dinners in East Lansing area for large groups:

1. Clara's (Lansing)
    2. Beggers (East Lansing)
    3. Dublin Irish Pub (amazing food - East Lansing)
    4. Harpers - (East Lansing)
    5. Bravo

In addition to the others listed above!! Great options :-)

204 image Ready to party with us!
    84 image Will be Dancing the night away!
    20 image Won't be having any fun
    100 image Got Lost on the way to the mailbox

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ljones725ljones725 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a large one recently at the Marriott in E.Lansing.  The food was great- they had pasta which was prepared in the room and there was lots  of room for a large party - much more than the other places suggested.  I would recommend a decorator though or have one of your attendents dress it up.  The decor was rather bland! I'd do this or get a banquet room at the main hotel everyone is staying in or some churches (if you're getting married in a church) will let you rent their fellowship hall and have it catered (although this option may leave out alcohol)!  This is a great option, especially if there are children involved.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards