Michigan-Lansing
Options

How do you choose a photographer?

My daughter is getting married next year and the only photographer I've ever had to hire were for my senior pictures in the early 80's. When I got married back then a family friend who has passed away did mine as our gift. I am lost about this. What kind of questions should be asked and how long will a photographer be needed for? 

Re: How do you choose a photographer?

• Options
    Here is a good guide on where to start:
    http://www.herecomestheguide.com/wedding-party-ideas/detail/questions-to-ask-a-potential-wedding-photographer/

How long they will be needed for is really based on what portions of the day you want photographed and your budget.  Do you want everything from the getting ready in the morning to the last moments of the reception, or do you just want the ceremony photographed?

I think one of the most important things (other than the quality of their work) is are they someone that the couple will feel comfortable spending the day with.  As you meet with vaious photographers, you'll find some you just "click" with and some that you don't.

• Options
    I think a lot of brides have a particular style in mind that they would like, and it's important that the photographer is able to provide that particular look and style.

For example I'm in love with JLB's style (link), but can't afford his prices so I asked a photographer I've known for a very long time if could focus on getting the same feel in our photographs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I chose the best man's step-dad who is a photographer.  He wasn't my first choice but he gave us a great deal.  I was able to sit down and see a lot of slide shows of his work and decided that it would work. 
  • Options
    If you are looking in the Lansing area, I would recommend Karie Anne Photography. She is a longtime friend and has done many friends weddings; she will also be doing mine next year. Very laid back, dependable, and easy to work with- and her work is great. www.karieannephotography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards