Michigan-Lansing
Options

Where to shop for a dress?

Good morning!

I have plans to start looking for the dress in the coming weeks. I am not much of a shopper because I don't enjoy the run around and hassle of trying to find what you have in mind. That being said, the whole idea of wedding dress shopping is a bit overwhelming at this point!

Any suggestions on where to shop, either in the Lansing area, or metro Detroit? I would love to know where you had good experiences in finding your dress, and working with the store afterwards!

Thanks!

Re: Where to shop for a dress?

• Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

My DD got her dress at Becker's Bridal in Fowler.  They have a huge selection and are really nice. Although it is about 30 minutes from Lansing, it is worth the drive. 

Another place to consider is Wedding Bell in Okemos.  Katie (the owner) is great and Hilda is amazing with alterations.  We got the bridesmaids dresses and my MOB dress there.

Fantastic Finds in Lansing has a nice selection, but I don't like that they cut the tags off the gowns and won't tell you the designer or let you take pictures until after you buy the gown.  You can do both at Becker's and Wedding Bell before you buy.

Have fun shopping.

• Options
    kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for The Wedding Bell!
  • Options
    kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Beckers. A lot of my friends have gone there also...of course, we are originally from another small town near Fowler, but I've heard of a lot of brides from all over (even other states) going there. It was a really busy day when we were there, but I didn't feel rushed and I really liked the sales girl I had.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I ended up with two dresses, one from Fantastic Finds - the consulant was super nice but didn't really help me with what looked best and I ended up with a dress that once in my size looked totally different and even different material - my (second) dress is from Becker's Bridal and Sandy was PHENOMINAL!  She spent probably 2.5 hours with me working through what I thought I wanted and what looked best - I ended up with an AMAZING dress that I love - definitely recommend Beckers!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Fantastic Finds.  I agree with Gailpete that it's annoying to not know the designer, but I think they are so wonderful to work with.  I got my dress there and we found BM dresses there too.  I just think it is such a nice atmosphere and you get one on one service.  They are very knowledgeable and have so many beautiful dresses to try on.  The Wedding Bell was also nice.

I have a very different opinion of Beckers.  I found that many of the dresses I tried on were in various states of disrepair, some missing the ribbon to lace it up, some ripped, one was even missing the part that covers your back on a corset.  The saleswoman did not help me once...my sister had to come in and help me do up all of the dresses.  Maybe I caught them on a bad day, but I was very disappointed with their store.  The prices did seem lower, so that could be a good thing.  I guess I'm glad I went there and would still say to check it out, but it wouldn't be my first choice.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found my dress at Fantastic Finds in Lansing as well.  It was my 3rd store, lol.  I agree the whole can't know who designed it or take pics was a bummer, but in the end it didn't matter for me.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the wedding bell! I just got my dress from there. kate is amazing.
    :3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards