Michigan-Lansing
Options

Lake Michigan Beach Wedding?

My FH and I are looking to get married on the Michigan side of Lake Michigan.  Wondering has anyone attend/had a Lake Michigan beach wedding?  We are looking for a good beach location around the Holland/ Grand Haven/ South Haven areas.  Any suggestions on beach front or reception places?  

Re: Lake Michigan Beach Wedding?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My FH and I are looking to get married on the Michigan side of Lake Michigan.  Wondering has anyone attend/had a Lake Michigan beach wedding?  We are looking for a good beach location around the Holland/ Grand Haven/ South Haven areas.  Any suggestions on beach front or reception places?  
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You may want to try your local boards (on the left of the page) and look for the Michigan area. 

These boards are international so you will probable receive a lot of feedback on the local board instead of this one.

Happy Planning :)

• Options
    acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have!

I went to a wedding this summer in Grand Haven.  They had rented a house and had the ceremony on the cliffside overlooking the lake/beach.  It was very beautiful and worked well. I know they took pictures on the beach.  It was pretty hot on that day (middle of July) but really I'd say that was the only negative.

They had the reception at a restaurant in the downtown area.  There was a small gap between the ceremony and reception but I don't think anyone was too upset. 

If you'd like I can try to get the address of the house and the restaurant name (I don't remember lol). PM me.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    My husband and I are getting married in Grand Haven MI on 8-25-12.  The ceremony will be on the beach in front of the Bil-Mar Restaurant and then the reception will follow upstairs in the dining room overlooking Lake Michigan.  If you decide to be married on the beach at the restaurant, Howard will not charge you to rent the beach, rent the space for the reception, he does not charge for linens....Howard is so easy to work with.  All we are paying for is the food....everything else is included.
     $100.00 deposit is all that's required to hold your date.

Here is his info:
    www.bil-margrandhaven.com or email: restaurant@bil-margrandhaven.com
    PH: 616.842.5920
    Ask for Howard Meyer

Good luck ~ hope this helps!!
  • Options
    I have been searching for information for a lake michigan beach wedding as well. I would love the info on the house they rented that you were speaking of :)
  • Options
    I have also been looking for a place to have a wedding on Lake Michigan. I would love to know the information on the house they rented.
  • Options
    I went to a wedding in GH in August last year. We all stayed here...
    http://www.bluewaterinngrandhaven.com/
    And they had their ceremony on the beach down the road. (Past the Bil-Mar) There was an area where it was tall grass on two sides and sand in the middle and it was perfect. However they had their reception at the Royal Oak Farmers Market at night so we had to drive from GH back to Detroit for it so I don't have recommendations on the reception part.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards