Michigan-Lansing
Options

East Lansing Churches

Hello ladies,

FI and I are both Catholic and have had a hard time finding a priest that will marry us since we currently live together. We talked to St. John's on campus and they were incredibly friendly and welcoming.

We have our first meeting with the priest soon but have been told that they will have us decide the date and which church we'd like to marry in: St Johns or St Thomas Aquainas. Neither of us have been to either church before or will be able to go before our meeting. (We live out of town now).

Does anyone know these churches well? Is there a reason to pick one over the other?

Thanks,
Susie

Re: East Lansing Churches

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at St. Johns because that is where I currently go.  Both are nice churches.  St. Thomas is more of a traditional, older catholic church with a huge stain glass window.  St. Johns is newer, but has charactoristics of a student parish since it's on campus.  I would stop in to both of them and take a look after your meeting.  I'm sure they would give you a few days so that you can look at them and make a decisions.  All the priest are awesome though, so you can't go wrong there!  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards