Michigan-Lansing

Kellogg Center Extra Snacks

Hi!!
My wedding is in Big Ten BC this August! I met with Rachel and we went over a lot. I want snacks at the reception for after dinner, BUT they have to come from the Kellogg center...which is $$$! I asked if I could just bring in snacks and have them be placed out at the bar or on tables by the Kellogg Center and they said no.

So I then thought I'll just do a favor bar where the guests pick up a bag and fill it with candy, pretzels, peanuts etc. Rachel said this is totally fine...So my question is...is anyone else doing this?

I just feel like people might be hungry after dinner and want to munch on somehting so why not have snacks around! But how come I can't give the Kellogg Center snacks but I can have a table of snacks for the evening? I'm just nervous about buying all the snacks and bags for my guests and then getting to the rehersal and having hte Kellogg Center turn all this down. I don't want to waste the $$.  

Anyone..help??  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Kellogg Center Extra Snacks

• edited December 2011
    I went through the same thing working with Pam at the Kellogg Center for my wedding in 10 days (!).  We ended up just agreeing to buy their late night snacks (we had to meet the F&B minimum anyway, and that helped us do it), but the idea of doing a candy bar was really appealing.  It may be less expensive than their snacks, depending on how much candy and the number of containers you purchase.  That being said, putting together a candy bar can be a lot of work(buying all of the scoops, glass jars/containers, tons of candy and bags/boxes, etc.), not to mention the fact that it's your responsibility to refill it if the candy gets low.  If we lived locally and didn't have to worry about transporting all of the containers and stuff up to MI AND didn't have a minimum to meet, we would have considered it more seriously because of Kellogg Center's costs.
  • edited December 2011
    awesome -- you bring up good points. Congrats on your big day! SO CLOSE!! :))
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards