Michigan-Lansing
Options

Vendors needed for Frankenmuth/Birch Run/Flint Area!!

Hello fellow brides!! I am in need of good vendors in the Flint/Frankenmuth area! I am getting married at the Bavarian Inn and need a reliable DJ, Florist, Photographer, Videographer, and chair cover provider! This is somewhat of a destination wedding for me being that I am from the Detroit Metro area. Any and ALL suggestions are appreciated!  Thanks ladies!!

Re: Vendors needed for Frankenmuth/Birch Run/Flint Area!!

• Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

For interent security purposes you really should change your user name so that it is not your e-mail address.  Otherwise you'll end up with a ton of spam.

You may want to post this on the Detroit Board.  There is a knottie on there that had her wedding in Frankenmuth and I'm sure her vendors are listed on the "Post your Vendors" sticky at the top of the list.  I don't remember her user name, but I'm sure someone there can help you.

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The knottie with the Frankenmuth wedding was thecatsfancy.  She had a gorgeous DIY wedding at the Bavarian Inn Lodge.
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks emarston.  I remembered seeing the pictures, but was drawing a blank on her name.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How do I change my username?? I cant figure it out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I figured it out, but it wont let me change it. I dont want to lose everything I created on here..
    Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    United Productions is the DJ I'm using, and I was told they service all of Michigan.  Their website is: www.upcevents.com

I really like Jason (the DJ) at United Productions hes very up-beat and friendly.  United Productions also does Photography and Limo Services (just an FYI)

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    jdukusjdukus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!

I just had my wedding in Frankenmuth and am giddy to share info! I did the same thing, being from Detroit and having my wedding up there. I found vendors all over the state, to be honest, since I moved to Lansing just before the wedding.

Anyway, I had my reception at Sullivan's Black Forest Brew Haus and loved everything about it! The place was beautiful, the staff was excellent - going above and beyond when my linen vendor totally flaked (see below) - and we got a ton of compliments on the food. I know you already have your location selected, but I did want to point that out for anyone else!

For DJs, I checked into Rusch Entertainment and was appalled at how unprofessional they were. I mentioned to them that I was also looking at another company (that I quickly went with after dealing with Rusch) and they started trashing them to me. Rusch hounded me for weeks with 2 minute long voice mails and packets of reviews in the mail. Ugh.  I went with Black Tie Entertainment (Tony Mills) out of Flint, and was very happy with them. Total professionals all the way and they will act as a reception coordinator, making sure everything keeps moving. Dealing with them was a total pleasure, and the price could not be beat.

My florist was out of Haslett, here by Lansing, but they obviously did travel up there. If you are interested, it was Petal and Forest and they were also absolutely fantastic. I needed some serious help with my vision and what they came up with was beyond my imagination. I was not impressed with the local florist in Frankenmuth - it took almost a month to get me my quote and their vision was not all that impressive.

My photographer was Ashley Lane out of Millington, which is right by Frankenmuth, and I don't even know how I ended up finding her, but I'm so glad I did! She's reasonably priced and has a great eye AND handled the craziness of the wedding party with ease. I'm so excited to see the rest of my photos. You can also find her on Facebook where she has some of her pictures posted.

And last, but not least - especially since you are in the Detroit area.... Linens. I thought, how hard can that be? And found the best price I could find and went with it. Whatever you do, DO NOT use Stephanie's Wedding Creations for your linens or anything else! The full story would take entirely too much time, but suffice it to say that it was nearly a disaster. Thanks to quick thinking by my OTHER vendors, crisis was averted. The whole week of my wedding was spent trying to get in touch with her to finalize details and make some minor adjustments. She rarely answers her phone and takes forever to get back to you (which, in the days before your wedding is an eternity).She claims to have sent emails containing critical information and she did not bring enough chair covers or napkins (and the hall told me that some of the ones she was trying to put out had burn holes in them!). I kept offering to do the set up on Thursday myself, since she could not come until Friday (the day of), which was a major inconvenience for the hall, and me. She would only give me table linens (NOT the ones I ordered, either) and they were filthy and wrinkled. I spent the evening after my rehearsal trying to get in touch with her to make sure she brought the rest of the charger plates she didn't send with me and seriously worrying that anything was going to get done. You do not need this. I also offered to tear down and bring everything back to her, but she said she didn't want me "to have to worry about anything" and that she would do it. I had to go out of my way to make arrangements to have her pick up a key for the ceremony site DURING my reception. The guy that she sent to clean up was almost 2 hours late, he was rude, and didn't even know what he had to do. I had to spend the last few minutes of my reception giving him instructions and directions to the ceremony site. In the end, my friends ended up pulling everything down from the reception venue anyway. I thought it would be an easy place to save money and I was really wrong! My wedding was nearly perfect and I hate that this incident is the one thing that stops me from saying it was.

So, sorry for the long story, but I really hope this info helps! Please let me know if you need any other info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards