Michigan-Lansing

recption Sites

Ok girls I am a Kalamazoo bride  having my wedding in East Lansing and I have found a recption site but its not big enough I am starting to think, I need a hall/site that will let us either us an outside cater or bring our on food. Oh yeah also it has to hold about 200 people or more... I have looked on all the wedding sites and can not find a place! Please Help!
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: recption Sites

• edited December 2011
    Hawk Hollow.  Probably the Kellogg center, but I can't remember their exact limit.
  • edited December 2011
    We have about 350 people and are using Eagle Eye Golf Club.  Their Grand Garden Room holds 500 and is beautiful!
  • kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Kellogg Center Big Ten room(s) holds a ton of people, not sure the exact number but it's definitely over 200.
  • alknappalknapp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There aren't many places in this area that let you bring in your own caterer/food.  The places already mentioned are great but you have to use their food and beverage services.  Have you checked out the Grand Ledge Opera House?
  • Aholton88Aholton88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not really checked them out since that is where on of my cousins got married but then i might have to look in to it. FI is from grand ledge so it ould be great if they let us bring our own food. We have decided that we want the MSU Rose Gardens to be the ceramony spot. I know the woldomore nature center would let us bring our own food drinks. I just can't see only inviting 75 guest on my side of my family (my dad has 8 siblings and my moms side are all Catholic Mexican so there are a ton of us) I had over 300 people at my graduation party for high school so i can just see a lot of family getting upset that they were not invited.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kellogg Center doesn't allow outside catering so you do have to use theirs but the big 10 rooms do hold a ton of people
  • edited December 2011
    House in Woods B&B in Dewitt is where we/re having ours. They can hold 200+. You can't bring in an outside caterer, many places don't let you, but they're really reasonable on what they'll serve and the price. PIB and link in bio. 

• edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding 2 years ago at the Grand Ledge Opera House and they were able to bring in their own food. I have no idea if it is still the same today, but it would be worth looking into!

Good Luck!
  • kate ukate u member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a new B and B called The Rosewood Inn.  You have to work specifically with their vendors, but the site is beautiful!

I second the Grand Ledge Opera House or House In Woods B and B.  I've worked and coordinated for both of them.  You will be able to get more bang for your buck if you choose the Bed and Breakfast route.  The only issues is that their tent has two huge blue crosses on it, (my company put together a huge chandelier to try and draw the eye away) and you will need to be very firm with what you request.  If it is a matter of money-go the B and B, if you want ambiance, go with the Opera House.

If you have any other questions, or want more information on how to make these two venues fit your style, send me an email at kate@ele3events.com
  • edited December 2011
    Try www.orchardwedding.com in Charlotte, if you don't mind the drive.  Holds up to 400 and allows your own caterer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards