Michigan-Lansing

Need your wedding advice for Michigan local mag

Hey Knotties,

I am back with a question for the magazine. Tell me:

What is your best wedding tip or secret? We want secrets from our Knotties that you might tell a new bride and something that they might not get from anywhere else. Maybe it’s to choose wedding colors that you’ll love in your home so that you can repurpose some of your wedding décor. Or maybe it’s to join the message boards! 

Spill your best secrets below and thanks in advance. Your advice is always priceless!

Knot Annie
Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Need your wedding advice for Michigan local mag

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    When looking for vendors, don't always go with the ones with the biggest advertisements.  Look for reviews and recommendations from other knotties and other people you know that have gotten married, ask for references and most importantly, go with your instincts.  If something about the vendor strikes you as off, or your personalities don't mesh, look elsewhere.  Your wedding day is too important to be worrying about your vendors not doing their job.
  • kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you are a budget bride, start planning early and DIY as much as possible. You can save a ton of money this way. If you are patient, you can wait until things go on sale and use coupons to buy almost everything you need. I got all my centerpiece materials from Michaels and Hobby Lobby. By going in each week to Michaels, I was able to buy one of the items I needed each time with a 40 or 50% off coupon. I also waited until the candles and other items I needed at Hobby Lobby went on sale, and then bought them all at once.

Also, use the community boards to ask for advise on finding good deals. I've gotten so many good ideas this way, and discovered websites I'd never heard of for great deals and awesome products.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It's never to early to start planning for things! Things book early, it's better to start early and be waiting than to have to scramble at the end.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards