Michigan-Lansing

No electricity at ceremony site-what did you do?

We will not have electricity at the ceremony site because it is outside at a park. Did anyone else not have electricity and figure out a way to still mic the ceremony inexpensively? I was thinking either getting a generator (they are loud though) or finding somewhere to rent a battery operated mic and speaker. Any suggesstions would be appreciated! Thanks ladies.
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: No electricity at ceremony site-what did you do?

• Are you going to have music at the ceremony site?  If so how are they going to have power? 

• The generator would defeat your purpose as they can be deafening.  Also, lugging the generator, getting it into place, making sure it has fuel, then..removing it and getting it back home.  Not to mention they really stink.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good suggestion for this.  How big of a space are we talking?  I can't imagine you could find any speakers that would do the job and run on batteries.
  • String quartet for music. Just need to mic the ceremony so people can hear us. It is a large area
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would contact some musicians and see if they have any ideas since they may have dealt with this before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards