Michigan-Lansing

Will an April wedding in mid michigan be too dreary?

The venue I want has an opening in the ballroom April 21st and openings in one of their other, less nice rooms Apr 28th and May 19th. 

I'd really rather be in the ballroom, but I'm a little leery about a mid April wedding. 

Will it be dreary, as it often is in Michigan in early spring? And will a couple of weeks really make that much of a difference in weather?

Re: Will an April wedding in mid michigan be too dreary?

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    April and May are two of the tougher months to predict in Michigan.  It could be beautiful, or it could rain or snow.  I would go with the venue you prefer and hope for the best weather wise, because it really is hard to predict during that time frame.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP.  You could choose July and get stuck with a dreary day.  You just never know here in the mitten!!!  Pick the room you like best and hope for nicw weather.  If it turns out to be cloudy, you might still get some really cool outdoor shots and if it's rainy you can bring a super cute umbrella and do those pictures!
    Anniversary
  • I'm getting married April 21st in mid-Michigan.  At that time this past year, there were crocuses and other bulbs growing.  As long as the ceremony and reception are inside, I think you'll be just fine.  It can snow well into May, or be sunny and beautiful early in April.  There's really no way of telling.
    April 2012 Brides October Siggy Challenge
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • YES! April in Michigan is terrible!
  • I'd just make sure there was lighting on the tables and around the ballroom in the form of uplights or candles so no matter the weather outside you still get the ambiance you want. Oh, and think fun rubber boots with the umbrella nlfeguer recommended if you have to do outdoor shots in the rain - just saw some super cute pics of a bride and her bridesmaids playing in the rain in great boots!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards