Michigan-Lansing

reception hall

ok i am getting married july 17th 2010. i desperatly need a hall for the reception. i am getting married in lansing and i amworking on a small bugdet. HELP?

Re: reception hall

• hmarchhmarch
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Eagle Eye and Hawk Hollow are both beautiful and have a variety of rooms for different prices. I am having my reception at Eagle Eye. The rooms are beautiful and the price is reasonable. Carla is really great to work with, she always responds to e-mails and phone calls promptly. :o)
  • edited December 2011
    If you are doing it on a budget, you could try the Delta Community Center. (Canal & Willow in Lansing) The hall itself rents for $250 if you are a resident of Delta Township (or have family who is). It's only a little more if you are not a resident.

The downside is that they don't have a caterer or anything like that, but if you are on a budget anyway, it's probably cheaper to find your own caterer rather than using a hotel or another venue that forces you to use their caterer. You can serve alcohol there as well. (without a liscensed bartender - another cost saver)

The community center holds 110 people on the top floor and I think an additional 60 on the bottom.

I'm not using them myself since we have more guests than the hall can hold, (I looked into them)  but I've been to a wedding reception there.
  • edited December 2011
    i checked out the delta communtity center, my date it taken and for eagle eye and hawk hollow i need to have my own catering cause i am on my own budget
  • edited December 2011
    I've looked into just about every hall in Lansing. How many people do you need it to hold?
  • gailpetegailpete
    Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    There is a reception site in Grand Ledge that is supposed to be very reasonable. It is Seven Islands.  Here is the website:
    www.halltorent.com.

Good Luck
  • edited December 2011
    Eagle Hall (Eagle, MI) - 350 people, $800-$900 (I can't remember specifically)
    Seven Islands (Grand Ledge, MI) - 150 people, $500
    Woldumar Nature Center (Lansing, MI) - 160 people, $730
    Realtor Banquet Center (Lansing, MI) - up to 309, $525 - $850
    Knights of Columbus (North Lansing, MI) - 150 people, $275
    Liderkranz Club (South Lansing, MI) - 200 people, $590
    Fraternal Order of Eagles (North Lansing, MI) - 325 people, $800
    Grand Ledge Country Club - 200 people, $1175

That's about all I've got. I've got pictures of half these places if you'd like to see them. And I have more information on all of them if your interested. 

Hope this helps!

• kmmssgkmmssg
    Moderator Knottie Warrior 5000 Comments 500 Love Its
    mod
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried the Cobblestone Event Center in Mason?  My DD was married and had her reception there 5 yrs ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards