Michigan-Lansing

Msu Horticulture Gardens

I am at the start of planning my wedding.  I am considering having my ceremony and reception at the MSU Horticulture Gardens.  They have several different options, the one I am considering is the CE Lewis Landscape Arboretum which you rent for the weekend.  This would mean I could have everything there; wedding rehersal and dinner, ceremony and reception.  Also, I would be crunched into a certian time because I would have the gardens all weekend..... Has anyone else done their wedding there?  I want as much information on the palce as I can get.  So if you did yours there tell me what you think (especially if you rented the Arboretum all weekend).

Thanks

Re: Msu Horticulture Gardens

• edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding ceremony and reception at the gardens on June 19th 2010. I have been impressed with how helpful the coordinator is. The max seating limit is 150 guest inside the conservatory, I'm not sure about having the reception outside. Were having our reception inside and then renting a tent and having dancing outside. They allow you to bring in your own cater and alcohol which can help on the budget if you find the right cater. You have to rent their chair and tables, you cannot use an outside source for this. But other rental decorations you can use whoever.
    I have always wanted an outside wedding so I think all the details are really good. You may want to contact them and talk to them.
    Hope this helps!
  • patriciamfoxpatriciamfox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wonderful!  Thanks for leaving me your feedback! We are pretty sure we want to have the ceremony there in one of the gardens. We are planning to set something up to go and talk to them in the next few weeks!
  • patriciamfoxpatriciamfox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are still looking at the MSU Horticulture Gardens. If we do go with them it will be a ceremony there in either the North or South Gardens. Has anyone else every had their wedding ceremony here? I would like to hear other peoples opinions of this location for a wedding ceremony.

My big concern is the train that passes very close to the gardens. I am worried about a train coming by during the ceremony and causing an unwanted interuption during the ceremony.  I just wondered what other peoples experiences with this were.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards