Michigan-Lansing
Options

Color Help

Ok I need some help my bridesmaid dresses are Cerise from Alexia which seems to be very similar to watermelon at Davids Bridal.  I need color combo ideas to go with that.  The wedding is an outdoor garden wedding with the reception in the patio room at Hawk Hollow.

Re: Color Help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Originally my colors were green and pink and I LOVED IT! Everyone else chimed in and I eventually conceded to use blues but still get very excited when I see the pink/green combo. I've seen some beautiful photos of pink with orange and yellow as well.

Try doing a Google image search on "pink wedding". You'll get all kinds of ideas!

Good luck!
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Check out the following blog:

http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/

She was lots of beautiful combinations you can get ideas from.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the watermelon color from David's Bridal on my bridesmaids and the flowers and decor will be various shades of yellow, pink, coral, orange and hot pink.  My FI loves the idea of using the sunset color scheme, especially since we're having a summer wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also had a outside (Ceremony) garden wedding!  We did a  hot pink and yellow combination (With some white thrown in there). The BM's dresses were a pale yellow and their flowers were hot pink and I had splashes of the colors for the decoration. Here are some pics, I hope this gives you some ideas!

The girl's flowers are on the left, my mom's is the small bouquet on the top and mine is on the right.

The arch..sorry the pic is so small, but to give you an idea the florist used hot pink dahlias and roses, yellow roses and white hydrangeas. I asked her to make most of it out of greens and willow branches because I wanted it to look like it has been there for years. I also asked her to use only flowers that would be local to the gardens in my area (aka no tropical flowers) to go with the idea of a garden themed wedding.

Anniversary
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Swissarmymelody-  your wedding looks beautiful!
  • Options
    blauwiekblauwiek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is that Francis Park?  We tallked about using that but ended up going with Cooley instead.  Beautiful colors and wedding :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Blau- No, it's a place in CT, I got married out of state. Thanks for the compliment!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards