Michigan-Lansing

Hair Salon & Mani/Pedi in East Lansing

I'm getting married in East Lansing.  FI went to MSU but I didn't.  I have know very little about the area and was wondering if anyone could recommend any hair salons and any places to get manicures and pedicures?  Looking to stay on the inexpensive side if possible but open to any suggestions given.  TIA!

Re: Hair Salon & Mani/Pedi in East Lansing

• edited December 2011
    I get my mani/pedis done at Star Nails. It's in Hannah Plaza off of Hagadorn. They're a pretty busy place, but it's better in the summer when there's less students.

I'm getting my wedding hair & makeup done at Panopoulos Salon on Lake Lansing. Updos range from $33-52. I had my engagement makeup done there and they did a great job. I usually go to Salon Meridian, but unfortunately they're a little too expensive for me for the bridal party. HTH!
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • edited December 2011
    For mani/pedi I go to Zoe Life Spa and Salon (www.zoelifespasalon.com). They've been awesome. I have also had eyebrow waxing done there and massage. They do do hair and makeup there as well, but I am not using them for this simply b/c I have a prior relationship with my hairstylist (whom I LOVE) and I met my makeup artist at my b-pics photo shoot.

My hair stylist is Danielle Gauna at Stillman's 517-484-4400. She is coming to us for the day of.

My makeup artist is doing airbrushed makeup and also is coming to us. Her email is spagirlnoble@hotmail.com

HTH!
  • JackieS725JackieS725 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    For mani-pedis I will always recommend Douglas J, the Aveda Institute. Since it's the Institute (not the Exchange, which is super expensive, though the quality and service you get are worth it if you ever need to splurge), you pay less because you're being taken care of by students. Students who are watched over by their instructors and are in their last year of school, which means they're excellent. I have been giving them my patronage for the past 8-9 years, and any time I go somewhere else for anything salon-ish (hair cuts, manicures, pedicures, etc) I wind up disappointed. Douglas J has taken care of me VERY well for many years. And you can never pass up their hot tea. :)

They're located in East Lansing on Grand River right across the street from campus, and right next to Barnes and Noble.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I love Hair and Body Elements in East Lansing.  Their prices are lower than the other fancy spas nearby but they definitely offer higher quality services than some of the really cheap hair/nail places.  They are also super friendly.
    http://hairandbodyelements.com/index.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards