Michigan-Lansing
Options

need a photographer...quick....and CHEAP

My FI's uncle is a professional photog and expressed interest in doing our wedding photos, we all talked and back in April it was set in stone that he was doing them. He has done several cousins grad pics and misc relatives wedding pics. We called him on and off starting 6 weeks or so ago and never got an answer or call back. There are weird dynamics going on because we are friendly with this uncles son and daughter in law. Just happens that the lovely control freak of an aunt doesn't like her son's wife so has since disowned him and wife (and grandkids). Aunt also wears the pants in the family. Anyhow, FI's mom ended up calling uncle and getting through this past weekend. He said he would have thought we would have attempted to contact him sooner so no, he won't do them.....WTH!! Now 2 weeks out we need to find someone that we did not budget for and there is no money left to play with....any suggestions girls?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: need a photographer...quick....and CHEAP

• Options
    kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If there is no money to work with, I would suggest contacting the MSU and LCC photography departments and see if they have an advanced student or someone they recommend for the job...or if they have a list of students who do weddings. I have no idea what they would charge, but it has to be less then what you'd get a professional for. I would think you'd still get great pictures, as long as you get a senior student and someone who is specializing in weddings. Just a thought. My mom knew someone who (a long time ago) did something similar to this and hired an LCC student.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First of all I am so sorry this is happening to you.
    There are a few I will mention that are reputable.
    I almost never post on the knot anymore (the nest usuallly) but Brides really to know a few things.
    I am a photographer but I no longer shoot weddings. The stress and dealing with 100 people with cameras trying to take the photo a pro photographer sets up has become a complete farce in this business.
    I wish every bride would read this and know what can happen when hiring family. This happens more than one might think. Hiring a student might work but just because they are a senior student means nothing. They don't teach how to photograph weddings. People at weddings are the hard part.
    Late Brides and BM's (they usually are). Late weddings etc.
    You might get good photos with a student (in focus and good color) but don't expect a high number or a lot of creativity. It's learned in the field not in a classroom.
    It's not that it can't happen but if it does consider yourself one of the lucky ones.
    I really do hope things work out for you.
    Here are 3 I would consider. I know 2 have package at or under $1000.
    Marvin Hall
    Save the Moments
    Mike Schreiner  - Michaels Photography Studio in Lansing
    Good Luck
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Eric-

Vendors are not allowed to post on these boards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards