Michigan-Lansing
Options

Horrocks

Has anyone used Horrocks for their flowers? I was thinking of ordering from them and then creating bouquets myself (since there are only 3 of us carrying them). I am using Gerber daisies, but was wondering about the quality and color selection. I checked the pricing a few months ago and they are charging $0.60 less a flower than the other location I looked at. I live in Lansing, but am getting married in Battle Creek (luckly, there is a Horrocks down the street from the church!). Just looking for helpful reviews. Thanks! :)
Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Horrocks

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like Horrocks' flowers but if you're planning on ordering from their floral department I'm pretty sure they have a $ minimum. I checked into it a good while back and it was way more than I could afford. But if you're just looking to buy individual stems I do like the quality of their flowers. Good luck though! We ended up using silk flowers and making my own bouquets and arrangements because I just couldn't afford real one's but they turned out beautiful! (and we get to keep them!)
  • Options
    applekapplek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another Lansing board poster put up vendor reviews that included Horrocks. I forget her name but I bookmarked the link.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for their review. However, I am planning on buying stems and putting them together myself (since we cannot afford to have them do it). Seems that their quality is good, which is helpful. Just hoping now that I can place a per stem order in Lansing for pick up in Battle Creek...
  • Options
    jdkarstenjdkarsten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let me know how it goes.
    I have a good friend who does well at putting together flowers and were thinking of doing the same.
    Let me know what you find out about a minimum $.
    Hope it all works out for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jdkarsten,

I just went and talked to them this last week. They can order any of their flowers in. You can just call them and tell them what you need. I went to the Battle Creek location and they were very helpful. She told me to call just a couple weeks before the wedding because they get shipments twice a week and sometimes more depending on where they are getting the flowers from.
    They had a ton of flowers! The reason I need to order is because I need a lot of the same color of gerber daisies. I not ordering the flowers for my bouts because I only need a few other types of flowers that they carry normally. I'd check with them about if you need to order ahead of time or not.
    Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards