Indiana
Options

Roll Call -- Engaged Ladies

Re: Roll Call -- Engaged Ladies

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I've introduced myself before in a different post but what the hey. I'm Samantha and my fiance is Nathan. We'll be married on October 2, 2010 in downtown Indianapolis. I used to live in Cicero, IN (near Noblesville, north of Indy) but Nathan and I recently moved to MI for his job. I sometimes chime in hear and on the Indy board whenever I remember to stop by.

So...hi!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My name is Rachel and my fiance is Woody (Kenneth technically). I'm from Versailles and he is from Crawfordsville. We will be getting married on 1/1/11 in Versailles with a reception in Greensburg. We've just started planning and mannnnnnnnn I didn't realize there's so many decisions to make!!!!! Wink
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm Beth and I am honored to be marrying Dave.  We are on a tight budget and I'm still not sure: destination wedding or wedding/ceremony here.  Our cheapest venue is the Shrine ballroom, which is okay because he is a Shriner (a young one!) so it would be meaningful.  The date is waiting on me to make a decision!!

If anyone wants a comparison of wedding packages from Gatlinburg to Vegas, I have a mighty big spreadsheet I've made :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey hey!
              I'm Lindsey and my fiance is Jon. We aree planning a 7/30/2011 wedding near the Brownsburg area. We are both at school in Evansville right now, so it is challenging to get home to look at venues. If anyone has any ideas in the Indy area please let me know!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm Kelly and my FI is Eric and we're getting Married July 14, 2012. Most of his family is from Rennselaer and most of mine is from Crawfordsville. We met in highschool and have been dating ever since then. We currently live in Lafayette so we are currently looking for good venues nearby that ways everyone's family travels roughly the same distance. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_roll-call-engaged-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:97Discussion:10309138Post:a40bfcc2-62bd-4022-b4ee-b4623dd15d01">Re: Roll Call -- Engaged Ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey all!!! My name is Mandy. My fiance is Justin, we've been together for 2 years now and just got engaged the week before christmas!!!! Haven't set an official date yet but i'm shooting for April 2011.  We are a very country family, my family lives around terre haute, IN and his are from a small eastern town in Kentucky.  So we are stuck right now trying to find the perfect location!!! I want an outdoor wedding, my first choice was Puerto Vallarta, mx but he said that isn't fair to our family who couldn't afford the flight and hotels.  So now I'm searchin between here and Kentucky and the venues I'm finding just are not what I have pictured .  So if anyone knows of a beautiful venue between here and eastern kentucky that is outdoors with some sorts of water, mts, or wooded area i would appreciate the info!    Thanks so much....look forward to gettin to know you all in our journeys to our perfect day!!!! mandy
    Posted by justinnmandy[/QUOTE]

Mandy,

I am from the southern Indiana area (living in Terre Haute now but originally from the Evansville area) and my fiance and I are looking at getting married in New Harmony, IN May 7, 2011.  You mentioned wanting an outdoor venue... have you looked into the Roofless Church?  Its beautiful!  Google it... but just be warned the pictures don't do it justice!  lol  We will be together 3 years on our wedding day and were engaged the day after Christmas, so I guess we're pretty similar with our weddings and time frames!  I hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I'm Elena and FI is Quincy. We've been engaged for about a month.  We live in Fishers and I'm hoping we can have a wedding in September.  Our budget is around $15k for 100 or so guests.  I hope to find a venue soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello, my name is Kiyana and my fiance's name is PJ (Phillip Jr.).  We have two children Ristoria and Phillip III.  We have been together six years this month.  He proposed February 15, 2010.  We plan to get married July 23, 2011, that is one month after my 27 birthday he turns 29 June 19.  We both grew up in Central Indianapolis so our families will not have to travel.  Trying a $10k budget but I feel like I am moving closer to 12k.  Congratulations to all of you ladies!  I see many of you are getting married in the next couple of months and I am so excited for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone! I'm Cordelia and my FH is Nick. We are both from Fort Wayne. We are getting married Nov 13 at our home church. We are so excited to start our lives together!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi my name is Emmi and I recently became engaged to Anthony. We're both in Fort wayne and thats where our wedding will be held, though we haven't picked where yet. The date is set for June 18 2011 so I still have plenty of time to figure it out.
    Photobucket creamykill: 1. An amazing kill on a video game 2. A secret code name. 3. a word to make you go WTF?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HI my name is Courtney, my FI is Bradley. We have been together for ten years! He lives in New Albany, I live in FIshers, but we are getting married in Crawfordsville, which is my hometown.  After the wedding we are moving to the Greenwood area which is in between both of our jobs.   Our wedding date is May 14,2011. We are planning an outdoor ceremony and reception. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello, I'm new to the boards. My name is Katie, my FI is Shane. We both currently live in Evansville but we will be getting maried October 15th, 2011 in Jasper, IN (his hometown). We're trying to stay under 10K and our guest list is coming over 300! His side of the family is huge and I'm just hoping to find a balance between the classy feel I want and the budget I have to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello,

My name is Lindsay.  I am getting married in Indianapolis at the Eiteljorg on August 27, 2011.  Looking for ways to get reviews on vendors,etc, and talk with other brides in Indianapolis.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My name is Danielle and my fiance's name is Max.  We are getting married May 2011 in Goshen at the Church where we met.
    March 2012 January Siggy Challenge: Fav Engagement Pic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm Alex, I'm 22 and from Anderson, and my fiance is Tom, almost 23, from Crawfordsville.  We're getting married May 7, 2011 at his brother's farm in New Richmond :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi all!  I'm Heather and my fiance is Jason. We're both 32 years old and live near Evansville. We are planning for 10/10/10! Of course, we're officially engaged just as of last week, so lots of planning to do!

t's going to be a smaller event, and very offbeat, colorful and fun. Lots of DIY and little touches throughout that reflect us and our geeky interests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ladies! My name is Mary and the groom is Jerad! We will be getting married on  1-1-11! Very excited to kick off the New Year this way!! It will be in Fort Wayne! If any of you know of any good vendors that will fit a budget let me know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello!  My name is Lindsey and my fiance's name is John.  We are from Muncie and Noblesville area, respectively.  We're getting married May 14, 2011.  Our colors are aqua and granny smith apple green with a very earthy, clean, and simple feel.  I'm going to try to do most things myself because we're working on a very limited budget and I have an art background and very much love doing this kind of thing.  We are getting married in Muncie and are not having a huge over the top wedding.  Our reception is only going to be cake and punch with much socialization and light background music, which is very us:  low key and laid back.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello,

My name is Casey and my fiances name is Brad. I live in Ft Wayne, Brad is a paramedic in Indy so he goes back and forth.  We just got engaged on June 5th. We are planning a wedding next May/June :) Exciting! Will probably be in Fort Wayne because thats where all our friends are from! We are thinking Botanical Gardens!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my name is karla and my fiance is daryl. we are engaged and know that we want a fall wedding just havent set a date yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm Liz, my FI is Jason. We're getting married 11/12/11. We're both from Indy and met on match.com.  We've known each other a year and just know that this is it.  I asked him to marry me cause I was sick of planning a wedding with him that wasn't official.  I'm a preschool teacher, he's a manager for GameStop. We're both super excited! :)
  • Options
    mizzkarenmizzkaren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!

My name is Karen and Craig and I plan to be married June 2, 2012--as soon as I graduate from IUPUI for Elementary Education. We have been engaged for 3 months now, and I CAN'T wait until there is one year exactly left so I can plan, plan, plan while I student teach! He is from Greenfield and has an apartment in Castleton, while I am from Brownsburg and live with my parents. Also, we plan on getting married and having our reception in Brownsburg. It is such a relief knowing where everything will be taking place (esp with his family from all over...Ft. Wayne, Chicago, etc.)!!! I'd love to have the ceremony at my church that was just built and is beautiful, St. Malachy, and we like West Chase Golf Club's reception room a lot b/c it has an outdoor feel with windows all the way around the rm. It's great to meet all of you other Hoosier brides!!! Laughing
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JrschroederJrschroeder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! My name is Jackie, and my fiance's name is Andy. We got engaged in April and we are getting married on July 30, 2011 in Avon, IN. I grew up in Indiana, but I moved to Florida about 3 years ago. So we're planning our wedding from quite a distance. Sometimes it's a little overwhelming to not be up there 24/7, but at the same time, I think it keeps me sane. :)

Whenever we visit Indiana, we definitely try to get as much wedding stuff done as possible. We're making great progress, and we can't wait to make that ultimate trip to IN to get hitched! :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mizzkarenmizzkaren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jackie! It's nice to meet you! I am in Avon all of the time since I live in Brownsburg! Let me know if I can help you with anything since I live so close. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MissyB15MissyB15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi.  I'm Missy, getting ready to marry Jon.  Our date it set for July 22, 2010.  We're young, in-love, and on a $3,000 budget to find someplace in NW Indiana (Jasper, Lake, or Porter Co) that we can plan for outside and bring inside just in case.  If anyone knows of some place rather cheap, but still cute, that would be great!  Thanks!
  • Options
    sarebear84sarebear84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My name is Sarah and my FI's name is Marc.  We just got engaged a couple weeks ago.  Our wedding is June 11, 2011.  The wedding is going to be in Huntingburg and the reception in St. Anthony.  We're both grad students, so we're definitely on a budget.  What's worse is that we're grad students in Wisconsin, which means that we're planning the wedding across a great distance.  We're planning on having about 150 guests.  One thing simple that I'd like to have to spruce up our reception hall is round tables for the guests.  I just don't know where to rent them. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies... I am Meg... My fiance is Marcus... We are getting married 02.26.2011 in South Bend!  We are both in our 30s... first marriage... not first engagement... for both of us... Our budget is a little different than most... However, we are still finding it difficult to stay within a certain range... We are doing some DIY... but also both work a significant amount and are advanced degreed professionals... while living in different cities... I presently live in Carmel... Our ceremony is in the Mariott Atrium in downtown South Bend... Cocktail hour is White Water Ballroom at Century Center and Reception in the Grand Hall at Century Center... I would love an e-mail buddy to share excitement with!  If you are interested, please message me!
    02.26.11 is the day I finally marry the love of my life...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies!

I'm Elyse and my fiance is Coy. I am from NJ and he is from Indianapolis. We have been in the Indianapolis area for 3 years and together for 4 years. Got engaged July 11,2009. We are getting married Jan 2,2011 in an early morning wedding at the Indianapolis War Memorial with a noon buffet brunch at University Place Hotel.

For the ladies here on a budget, I am doing my entire wedding on a $3500 budget. I would highly suggest getting locations( for ceremony venue) that requires no decoration. I also went with a reception area that did not have a rental fee but rather a minimum food and beverage purchased type deal. Also keep wedding guests under 100 if possible! One location I had originally looked at but did not pan out due to family flying in from different places and because our wedding date went from march of this year to jan of next year due to his deployment,was the Garrison located in Lawrence by Old Fort Ben Harrison, they have amazing deals for both receptions and weddings. The Gazebo area looks the best in summer of course.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies! I'm Jess and my FI is Matt we are both from Indianapolis and getting married here on June 11, 2011. We met working as lifeguards in 2002, were friends for 6 yrs, dated for 2 and now engaged! Our ceremony is at my church on the east side and we are having the reception in my parents' 1800's barn (also east Indy). Think classy/rustic not down home ;0)  I can't wait!
    June 11, 2011
    Mrs. T

245 invited image 171 Are in! image 44 Missing out image 30 Still Deciding image

I marry my best friend June 11, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My name is Bethany and I'm going to be married Scott on June 18, 2011!! So excited.  He is from Martinsville, IN and I am from Avon. We have dated for a 1 yr and 4 months so far.  He proposed in a hot air balloon above Bloomington. We are having our wedding at Avon Gardens!  June can't come soon enough,  I'm doing a lot of DIY things, but don't have to do too much decorating with it being in a garden!  I'm so in love!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards