Indiana

Need someone to do Make-up in Northwest Indiana

Does anyone know of a good make-up artist in/around Northwest Indiana that does airbrush makeup?  Thanks!!!

Re: Need someone to do Make-up in Northwest Indiana

• edited December 2011
    I don't know if she does airbrush, but Krissy Vanderwoude is awesome.  www.krissyv.com. If she doesn't, I would trust her recommendation of someone who does.
  • divadivine25divadivine25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also not sure about airbrushing, but theres a young man that works at the MAC counter in Southlake Mall. I dont remember his name but hes fab!
  • edited December 2011
    I just had my make-up trial with Stacey Mayo and LOVED her.  www.staceyrmayo.com
  • topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maria Blanco does airbrushing. She was the MUA at my friend's wedding.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry, maybe I'm wrong but I thought when I called Maria she said she didn't do airbrush.
  • edited December 2011
    Alex Garcia is doing my makeup, he works at the MAC counter at Macy's in Merrillville, from someone's last post, but also at a salon in Griffith Indiana. I have my trial with him this weekend. I will post pictures and a review soon. He was recommended to my by Krissy V who also works for MAC.Krissy V does airbrush but she was booked when I tried contacting her for my date. Maria Blanco does not do airbrush, atleast I don't recall her saying she did when I contacted her. Hope this helps! If you have any other questions email me at classygrl11@hotmail.com.
  • edited December 2011
    I also just had my trial run with Stacie Mayo. She did airbrush, and I absolutely loved the results of the makeup (and my hair too)!. I had purchased a tiara like thing online that matched my jewelry, but when I got it in the mail, it was adjustable. It obviously couldn't really be worn as a tiara so I was at a loss with it, but took it with me for the trial run. I have been staring at it for over a year trying to figure out what to do, but Stacie and Michelle figured it out during the trial run and it turned out amazing. 35 days from today and I can't wait for Stacie to make me feel so beautiful again!!
  • CheyAndNateCheyAndNate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm currently looking for a makeup artist to do my makeup for my wedding but have no idea on who to contact. I hear tons of negative things from blk women on white women doing black makeup. To me if you know what you are doing and have been doing it for many years then I could care less what color you are. I just want to find someone that can make me look amazing for my special day!!! Can anyone help me???
  • CheyAndNateCheyAndNate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    By the way I'm in the NW Indiana area ..... Thanks
  • Hi Chey,

I have been working in the cosmetology industry for over 9 years. I will be taking an airbrush makeup certification class at the end of March and will begin airbrush services starting April 1st. I see that your wedding isn't until 2013. I would love to chat with you about what you would like for your wedding day! If you are interested, please contact me at dyehard_reneemichelle at gmail dot com. Link not allowed but that's my email address.

Best,
    ReneeMichelle
  • P.S. I have examples of my work that I can show to anyone who is interested.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_need-someone-up-northwest-indiana?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:97Discussion:10337014Post:4d069414-f4fc-4433-ad1a-6af31c43020d">Re: Need someone to do Make-up in Northwest Indiana</a>:
    [QUOTE]P.S. I have examples of my work that I can show to anyone who is interested.
    Posted by reneekels[/QUOTE]
  • I tried looking up Stacey mayo and had trouble finding her site. Does she have a new one???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards