Indiana
Options

Engagement Photo Location....

I need help....Our engagement photos were scheduled for Oct 18 at the Traders Point Creamery in Indianapolis. Everything was good to go when I booked it.....about a month ago.Found out today they are expecting 2,000+ people that day for their yearly Oktoberfest celebration so I either have to reschedule or look for a different place.We are looking for an outdoorsy, rustic, farm type atmosphere. Would LOVE to hear any suggestions in case we can't reschedule.TIA!

Re: Engagement Photo Location....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    connor prairie has a barn that they use for receptions, and i bet if you emailed to ask about using it for photos they would let you. you'd probably still have to pay to get in.not really farm type but holliday park in indy has a lot of hiking trails with beautiful trees.you could also try googling coverd bridges + your geograhpic area. there are a ton of those things around the state that might yeild some nice photos.although i'm sure you have, ask your photographer for input. i bet he/she knows a lot of great places that might fit the bill.good luck!!
  • Options
    jldoldjldold member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just an idea.....it is more of a flower place, but Garfield Park has some really pretty flowers, which make for great pictures. I know Garfield doesn't have the best rep, but it really is a safe place, especially during the day! I love metro or flower pictures, so I am not much help in the country kind of look. But the post above I think has a great idea!! Also you could always do a park setting or simply just a field/barn area...if done right anything makes for a great picture!! Goodluck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Garfield Park is very pretty but you do need a permit and have to pay a fee to have professional photos taken there. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Edited to add: ... at least in the botanical garden areas (the fee/permit requirement).
  • Options
    PhotoMotoPhotoMoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is an abandoned farm at 146 and river.  Its gorgeous   You will probably get kicked off for trespassing though, but its worth it if you are ok with that. :)We are going to do ours at Wrecks (the auto Junkyard)CP was a good idea that was mentioned before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards