Indiana
Options

freaking OUT!!

Ladies- You would think I would be overjoyed (I put the deposit down for our reception venue today)!  But instead I'm stressed and freaked out!  We have not reserved a ceremony site!  We have not done this because we actually just became actual members of our parish.  The woman told me that we have to be members for 3 months before fr. will even discuss marriage, that particular churches premarital classes we must complete etc., or even reserving a date.  Im so nervous WHAT IF SOMEONE else reserves that date then WHAT WILL I DO!

Re: freaking OUT!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    that sucks, i'm so sorry. I hope it works out for you. I will send you Knottie vibes! good luck. I'm sure it will work out. There are always other options... just start looking now just in case. Is there anyway you can talk to anyone there about if they having bookings already?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would hope that if you're in the process, they might hold the date for you- maybe with a deposit? When are you getting married- if it's a more popular month that might make a difference. I would say don't stress- worst case, if someone takes your date- perhaps you can do another time (earlier or later ceremony) or just do a ceremony at your reception site or another non-church area. If it's nice out too you can always do outdoors!
  • Options
    PhotoMotoPhotoMoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Talk to the people at the church.  We became members of our parish the same day we booked the church.  Explain to them that you already have everything else booked, and that you can't 'reschedule' if someone else books the church for that day.I am sure if you talk to them You will come out ok in the end.  You don't need to meet with the priest to pick a date (alot of places say that, but when push comes to shove it isn't a big deal).  Be prepared to sweeten the deal with $$ if they are steadfast.Otherwise, I would maybe contact some other parishes and see if you can't get a back up plan.Which parish is this if you don't mind me asking?  We go to Seton in Carmel and had no trouble.  And I know we looked at SLDM in fishes, St. Joan of Arc in Indianapolis, Holy Spirit of Geist, OLMC in carmel, and a couple others and they were all more than willing to help/accomodate on short notice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry, that really stinks! Is it a particularly beautiful/ornate church? I know that sometimes if a church is in pretty high demand for weddings that they'll be more strict about it. But you said you joined, so maybe non-parishioners aren't allowed to get married there?Where we booked, either you had to br a parishioner for 2 or 3 mos and then you could reserve the parish and use their priest. We're getting married 45 minutes away from home, so I didn't want to join just to pay the lower fee and then not go after the wedding. So we had to get a letter from my home parish saying they were ok with us not marrying there, a letter from our chosen officiant saying he would handle all of the paperwork, and pay our deposit before it could be reserved, and it had to ba all done at once. I was scared that I would be 2/3 of the way to getting everything lined up and have a parishioner book our date, but it all worked out :) we booked our reception place first too. GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    Married678Married678 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We reserved the reception hall long before the church. We figured if worse comes to worse...we could get married at the reception hall. I was completely agaist it but it is extremely hard to find a good church to get married at if you are not a member somewhere. We paid alittle more than I would have liked to but it was well worth it! GL!! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for all the help!  Once again you ladies have pulled through for me!:) Its not in stone but I think we have found a church.  I will keep u all posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards