Indiana
Options

Boarman Photo Anyone??

Hey ladies.  Just wondering if any of you out there have ever worked with Boarman Photo out of Syracuse.  I've been getting some pricing and packages that she offers and I'm unsure.  She originally asked me what my budget was and I told her the prices of some of the photogs we've been looking at and what we're looking for in a package.  She told me what her package runs and what to look for in a photographer, also not to be fooled by photographers because "anyone can pick up a camera and call themselves a photographer".  I felt like she was being helpful and honest. her website doesn't seem to be working right so I can't view many wedding photos.  However, the photos that I can view look great, crystal clear and full of color, just what I want.  Tonight when I got home, I had an e-mail from her telling me about a special she was having for 3 days only that would take $400 off the package price.  That puts her more within our budget, so of course I was excited.  I forwarded the e-mails onto my FMIL to get her opinion  She thinks the photog is arrogant and that everything sounds a little fishy.  What to you think?  Any info/advice is greatly appreciated.  Wow, I didn't mean for this to be so long, I just wanted to explain most of it.

Re: Boarman Photo Anyone??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of her. If you like her as a person that is a good start, but don't book her without seeing her work. If her website is messed up she should be able to send you some links to view prior work/albums. You can ask her for referrals as well. Don't jump on her just because of the 3 day sale. That is just a sales tactic and I guarantee if you call her day 4 and tell her you will sign if she still gives the $400 off she will. **Also, next time use paragraphs. It's easier for us to read then one long one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice.  I will most definitely meet with her before signing anything.  I doubt I could sign with any vendor at all without meeting with them first.  I like to see what kind of feel I get from them in person.  Anyone can make themselves sound good on paper.I think I will ask her if she can send me work that she's done.  I was going to have her bring them when we meet with her, but I would like to see them before arranging a meeting.Sorry about the no paragraph thing before.  I think I was a little out of it from looking over photographers websites all night.  I was on a mission, haha.Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to post what your photography budget is I am sure ladies on here can suggest some people for you to consider.
  • Options
    PhotoMotoPhotoMoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there.I don't want to get into "what I do for a living" because of the rules, but I think my knot name gives you a pretty good idea. :) I'm not in the wedding buisness tho so I think I am safe.She is right.  It takes more than just a good eye and a great camera, and there are a lot of people out there who brand themselves as Photographers when they are not professionals.As far as the website, It can take hours to upload pictures and if she is good, she is busy and I wouldn't hold a website technicality against her. But i would make sure to see lots of other examples before you decideThe $400 off "sale" is bothering me.  This is nothing more than a shameless attempt to get you to book now.  Which to me says she is hard up for buisness (that doesn't mean she is BAD but its not great)  Don't rush, the $400 off will always be there.  Believe me, she would rather lose $400 than lose your buisness all together.If you have a price point you are looking to stay under most photographers will work with you to make it happen.  I know a lot of great wedding photographers that range from $500 - $10,000. I'd be happy to recommend some people.If you want to email me any questions you can (my email is linked in my siggy)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards