Indiana
Options

Anderson Brides?

Hello all,I'm starting to plan my wedding and was wondering if anyone was married or is planning to be married in Anderson and could recommend any vendors?Thanks!!

Re: Anderson Brides?

• Options
    bmward87bmward87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am an A-town Bride!!! Well sorta, we live in Lapel, but everything is going down in Anderson...when are you thinking about getting married?
  • Options
    What kind of vendors are you looking for? Where is your wedding going to be [place] and I can better help you. Debra
  • Options
    jpetrojpetro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our reception will be in Anderson at the Officer's Club.  We are sending a contract in to Brian Oden from Indiana DJ. If you don't have a venue, the Officer's Club is kind of a hidden gem and we met with Brian and thought he was very professional.   www.indianadj.com
  • Options
    bmward87bmward87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jpetro: Are you talking about the FOP?? I am thinking that they are the same thing...if so that is where we are having our reception too! I was curious how you are planning on decorating.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are thinking next late October or early November.  We still aren't sure where to have the ceremony and we were contemplating the Anderson Country Club for the reception, but I'm just having a hard time figuring out what works best for my style.  I want a romantic, vintage feel and haven't found much to meet that.  Thanks for all the ideas so far!
  • Options
    What about Paramount Theatre on Meridian? You can do the wedding and reception there. It's definately vintage and romantic. Debra
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Anderson (but getting married elsewhere) and was going to suggest the paramount, too.  One of my girlfriends was married at the Officer's Club this summer and was really happy with her experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding in Indy but I was born/raised in Anderson and the Paramount would be an awesome venue. Makes me want to rethink mine...
  • Options
    jpetrojpetro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Officer's Club is not the FOP...it is actually attached to the military museum close to the intersection of Cross street and Broadway.
  • Options
    jpharisjpharis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in Anderson, this past July '09. I got married at Parkview Nazarene Church, my broth. n law is the minister. There is a really big church there in Anderson that is gorgeous, a Church of God church I believe, but I think if you have your ceremony there you have to get pre marital counseling there. We had our reception at Reardon Auditorium. If you have never been in there, don't discount it it was great. The caterer was the school caterer, and the food was really, really good! They worked with us great! I got our flowers in Pendleton and cake in Camby. But there is a great cake place there in Anderson, hmm trying to remember the name. The lady's name was Jan, and the cake was really good. I wish I had gone with her rather than the person I ended up going with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards