Indiana

Southern Indiana Weddings!

I live in the Evansville area, and is it just me, or are there no venue/service suggestions for that area of Indiana!  If you want anything you need to travel to Indy or northern Indiana!  I have searched and searched the web for many things from venues to caterers to cake places to photographers and here are some of the things that I have found to be successful for me:

We are getting married in New Harmony, IN (check it out... its a beautiful area, full of rustic charm!)
Our photographer is out of Shelburn, IN Melissa Copeland photography.... she's great!
We are looking into DJ Matt Kelly and Associates for our DJ

Now... we have a few ideas for caterers, cakes, decorations, flowers, etc... but they're not set in stone...  Since I tossed up a few of our names, I was hoping other southern Indiana brides might do the same!  Thanks girls!  I look forward to hearing what you have found!  :D

Re: Southern Indiana Weddings!

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Evansville and found most of my ideas from the Courier & Press bridal show. That being said all of my vendors are out of Evansville. We're using Piece of Cake downtown on Main for the cake. Jill Viera with Simply Fresh is doing our flowers, I've also heard wonderful things about Robin's Nest out of Boonville or Zeidler's. As far as caterers go I'm partial to Schnitzelbank, out of Jasper. Old Mill is good as well, I believe they do catering.

I hope that helps!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  We've looked into Piece of Cake... they have AMAZING cakes! :D  We've looked into Biaggis for catering because they are the only ones willing to do family style... but we've checked into some other Italian places as well.... Anyways thanks for the suggestions and good luck planning!
  • edited December 2011
    We got married last October in Evansville. We had the Acropolis cater. It was delicious and they were great to work with! We used Raisa's Cake Creations. The cake is the best I have ever had! It is pretty pricey, but totally worth it! The Flower Shoppe did the flowers, the bouquets were really pretty, but the table decorations weren't really what we ordered. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Tell City, Indiana (about 45 minutes east of Evansville) and am using some vendors from Evansville.

Caterer: Shyler's Bar-B-Q (FI's choice)
    DJ: Livewire- Justin Cooper Jasper
    Cake: Still deciding but either A Pinch of Sugar in Newburgh or Kelly S. in Tell City
    Dress: Anna Le's Twice chose Bridal Consignment Boutique, (Yeah consignment, but I found a Mori Lee dress for only $300!!)
    Photographer: Terry Wahl- Off The Wahl Media...great to work with!
  • edited December 2011
    Depends on your budget... to be honest... the BEST food in the area that I have had is at New Harmony's Red Geranium, and the New Harmony Sunday Breakfast Champaign Brunch is to die for! AMAZING food...
    Cakes I am stuck on...

I will say the Schnitz does to great work and they will pull a truck that they can cook in so the food is fresh and delicious. I wasn't as impressed with the Old Mill but it had been a few years since I have been there.

Much depends on what you want to spend, and what type of reception you want to have... if money is no options... stick with New Harmony's catering... it is really something spectacular - the best Chicken Cordon Bleu ever! and the smoked salmon on the brunch buffet is really good... there wasn't anything there that was lacking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards