Indiana
Options

Wedding video

indyindy member
First Comment

I can see how video could be something you can show your kids and maybe even grandchildren and for that reason since we are older and will not have a family, I almost went without hiring a videographer. However, I knew that I would miss the procession and especially my twin nieces who were the flower girls walk up the aisle. So I went ahead and hired one. Well, I have yet to see it but so glad I decided on one. The big surpise was my grooms procession that I knew nothing about. The music for his and his adult son's entrance was Linus and Lucy and they came in with the fake nose and glasses with canes and they had fun strolling up the aisle and kind of doing a little dance. Everyone told me how funny it was and I will get to see for myself. Also, the toasts that were given by my sister and his son were very heartfelt and I look forward to listening to them again. And of course there was our first dance that we took lessons to choregraph to Everything. Remembering all these things with photos would be so limiting and though we didn't go all out on splurging for everything, I am so glad that we opted to hire a videographer. Now to try and be patient and wait for photos and video.

Re: Wedding video

• Options
    edited December 2011
    who did you go with?  I'm using Jake with Vibe Video Productions
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to use Cherished Video Memories but they were unavailable so I went with Bouquet and Garter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! I'm really really really trying to save money and go with Eyenamics from Vincennes. They make wedding "movies" and are very good at what they do!!! But you def. have to pay a pretty penny for something that well editied!

I'm glad you're looking forward to your video and congrats again!

September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue
    Outside in the Sunken Garden in front of the LeFer Hall
  • Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I realllllllllly want a videographer, but I don't think it's in our budget....unless FI's cousin does it, but I'm not sure if he'll be at the wedding or not since our wedding is around the time school starts up.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    topchef, have you looked into david kasdan videography? his rates are pretty decent www.davidkasdan.com
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like to look at different wedding videos and yes, his prices are pretty decent but his sample video clips look a bit shaky to me so not the style I wanted. As they say, most of the time, you get what you pay for.  I guess for those who are hoping to get video, the best thing to do is a search on line and see if there is someone you like and can afford as well. When I was looking I saw some I really liked but didn't have that much to spend on video alone so I chose someone that was closer to what I wanted to spend on photographer which was less than $1,500. Not ever videographer who is decent charges more than $1,500.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards