Indiana
Options

Rustic / Barn / Farm for reception

Hi there! I currently live in Grand Rapids, Michigan but am moving in with my fiance to Noblesville, IN in June. We are planning an October wedding and want the reception in something that looks rustic / down-to-earth. We found a barn in Hobart, but we wanted something more south / closer to Indianapolis. Since I won't be down there until June, I only see him on weekends, which makes the planning that much harder. I am looking for ideas in Indianapolis / surrounding areas for a rustic / barn-like reception place. I've heard Edinburgh? is gorgeous and may have some nice places. ANY help would be awesome! Thanks so much!

Stephanie

Re: Rustic / Barn / Farm for reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how large your guest list is or your budget but check out connor prairie. They have an old barn that they use for weddings and receptions and it's just beautiful! Close to Noblesville and not too far from Indy, so defnitley worth checking out. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Woo hoo! thanks!!!! looking it up right now before i leave for work!!!! 
  • Options
    munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also Trader's Point Creamery in Indy and The Sycamore Farm in Terre Haute.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The barn in Edinburgh is the Historic Henry Breeding Farm. The number for them is (812) 372-3541. It is a beautiful place. Very rustic and pretty.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing our wedding reception in a Barn too! We are actually getting married at the Henry Breeding Farm in Edinburgh. I have some photos in my bio, and many more I havent posted. If you want any information on the barn or to see the photos just let me know! It's about 30 mins south of 465.

The barn at Connor Prarie is gorgeous, but they do have a lot of rules/restrictions. Traders Point Creamery is beatiful and starts at $2500 (that was our first choice, but decided it was kinda pricey).

The other option we looked at was the Normandy Barn at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. It's a very beautiful place, but I think it only holds up to 125 people (which was too small for us).

Hope that helps!!
  • Options
    PhotoMotoPhotoMoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Rawhide Ranch in Nasville IN is great.  I have a TON of pictures of a wedding from there if you are interested in seeing what it looked like.

Email me.  trpdnabx@me.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Round Barn Bed and Breakfast is in McCordsville, IN, about 20 minutes east of downtown Indy.

I got married there and loved it. It has a little antique shop in a small out building and antiques througout the interior.  I love that it's a round barn.

http://www.roundbarn-inn.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YES! Thank you...I contacted them already and am waiting to hear back! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Boondock's Farm it's east of Indianapolis off of I-70 so it's not too hard to get to. The have a beautiful place to get married on the property. The whole thing is on a huge privately owned property and they offer hay-rides, vallet parking and all sorts of extras at a GREAT price. They are very flexible and allow outside caterers and alcohol. I am not  getting  married there, but I personally know the family that owns Boondocks and they are great.
    www.boondocksfarms.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lizhope55lizhope55 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Riverwalk Lodge which is near broadripple.  The lodge building is right on the little lake and has a rustic feel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards