Indiana

Flowers for deep purple dresses?

Hello everyone,
I'm getting married in May 2012 in TN, and my colors are deep purple (lapis, according to DB), cream, and silver. I want to use cream roses for the bridesmaid bouquets, but I'm unsure what other colors will be complementary. I don't want to use green or blue flowers if I can help it, and I'm afraid pink and red will look too strange. Am I being too picky? Also, I wanted to carry a red rose bouquet, but my fiance is convinced it won't look good in the pictures with the bridesmaids' purple dresses. I was hoping to compromise with a cream rose bouquet with a few red roses, so that my bouquet doesn't disappear into my dress. Thoughts on either my bouquet or my bridesmaids? Thanks so much.

Re: Flowers for deep purple dresses?

• indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My dress had midnight blue in it and since I have always loved iris's I use purple and blue iriis's. I couldn't quite make out your whole post since the right side is cutting off words. 

• hakeefer1hakeefer1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing purple, but to lighten things up will be using mauve and blush roses.  
  • hbatchel2hbatchel2 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I did yellow and white daisies with dark purple dresses.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Our colors were eggplant and pear green.  Here are a couple of pictures that show what the bridesmaids bouquets and my bouquet looked like with the green.

My Flower Girl (my niece) and I at my Shower:
    IMG_0141
  • Thanks so much, ladies! Sory for the delay, I forgot about this post.....:-)
  • mysticfire76mysticfire76 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    my bridesmaid dresses are also a dark purple color and my dress is ivory, they will have ivory and green colored flowers and my bouquet is in dark purple and green with small ivory flowers.
    Future Mrs.Wilber!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards