Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Hair cut timing

I want to get a hair cut, and probably highlights, before the wedding.  What do you think a good time to do this is?  I was thinking 2 weeks before, or maybe 1 week.  I want it to look fresh, but I don't want to do it too close (I don't usually like my haircut the day of for some reason).  I'll be wearing my hair up for the wedding and down for the RD.  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
218 invited image 137 accepted image 81 declined image 0 haven't said image
RSVP Date 7/30/2010

Re: Hair cut timing

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My stylist originally had me scheduled for last Friday, which would have been slightly over two weeks out.  I had to change it to today, which is slightly under two weeks out.  I'm fairly new to coloring and whatnot, though, so maybe double check with your stylist, but I'm thinking two weeks should be good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you normally get highlights, and if so, would you be going to your usual salon? If so, I'd say 2 weeks is good. If you are experimenting at all, I'd say more like a month. I get my hair relaxed, and got it done about a month out, but that's b/c that was the last time I was in Pgh and able to go to my salon before the wedding. I never like my hair when I first get it done either.
  • Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never like my hair right after it is done. Two weeks is usually what it takes for me to love it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, good point by Kim- are you trying something new or doing what you normally do?

I'm doing my normal thing and scheduled my last appt for 11 days before the wedding.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I used to highlight all the time (I have dirty blond hair naturally, but I liked to lighten it), but I haven't done it in 2 years.  Looking back at photos, I really like it with highlights so I want to do it for the wedding.  So it's kind of a new thing, but I've done it many times.  I'm going to use a guy my friend uses and I love her highlights.  I think I'll do it 2 weeks before.  If I do a test run now and like it, it would be too soon for a touchup before the wedding (8 weeks away).  I guess I'll take the risk, and if I hate it, I can have them dye me back to normal!  Thanks for the advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    218 invited image 137 accepted image 81 declined image 0 haven't said image
    RSVP Date 7/30/2010
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my stylist had me come in the week before~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went in 2nd week December right before we left for home for Jan 2 wedding.  But just for a trim, I don't highlight or anything.  I wore my hair down for RD and up for wedding as well.  It worked out perfectly for me!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

about 10 days out I had mine trimmed and highlighted. 

image Ivory
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards