Indiana
Options

Fort Wayne Brides; Ceremony at Lakeside Rose Gardens?

Are any of you getting married/got married/been to a wedding at Lakeside Rose Gardens?  I'm considering Lakeside Rose Garden for my ceremony location and was just wondering how other people did it?  Did you have seating?  Where did you get ready,etc?

Re: Fort Wayne Brides; Ceremony at Lakeside Rose Gardens?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just at a wedding at Lakeside last month. They had seating for 75 guests (and it was mentioned that this was the max number of chairs allowed). They had a lot of guests standing (maybe 100) but it was a simple, short ceremony, so no one complained. The limo dropped the bridal party off behind a stone wall, so the groom didn't see the bride until she came around the wall and started walking up the walkway. The reception was at Don Hall's on Lima and I heard that this is where the bridal party got ready for the ceremony.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    TMS_91_9062TMS_91_9062 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was worried about the limited seating!
    Thanks for the info : )

• Options
    cfribleycfribley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have both been TO a wedding and IN a wedding at Lakeside. Both were in July (different years). One wedding, the bride had some kind of curtain thing set up and the car dropped her off behind it. She walked through the curtains and so she wasn't seen before that. The other bride just got dropped off and was seen getting out of the car. We just got ready at the bride's home, went around Fort Wayne for pictures, and then drove right to Lakeside, doing any last minute makeup touches in the car.
    There was limited seating, but no one minded. The wedding I was in, it actually rained but literally stopped just as the bride was getting out of her car (i swear!) then started raining again immediatly after the ceremony finished. Both weddings were VERY hot, so if you are doing it in July, I would consider your guests and maybe have fan programs or something. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards