Indiana

Brown County State Park

Hi Everyone!  We are planning our wedding ceremony to take place in the outdoor amphitheater at Brown County State Park.  Has anyone ever been to or had a wedding that was held at the State Park that can offer any advice or feedback from their experience?  I have a couple of concerns regarding parking and getting our guests to the location and was hoping that someone might be able to offer some tips.

Thank you in advance!

Re: Brown County State Park

• edited December 2011
    Have you looked on their website?
    Leslie 3 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jpetrojpetro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea--because the park is state-owned, the planning process has been much different than it would have been at any other venue and feel kind of 'on-our-own' a little. 

We're mainly concerned about parking and getting people from the far-away lot (if it needs to be used) to the ceremony site and we'd just hoped that maybe someone else had an experience with this.
  • edited December 2011
    Are you at the amphitheater at Abe Martin or behind the Nature Center?  We are having ours at the Nature Center one in June.  I can let you know after that.  Are you doing your reception in the park as well?
  • edited December 2011
    We are not having our wedding there, but we looked into it.  I had the same concerns, espically getting my elderly grandparents down to the amphitheater.  I did ask the lady I talked to (can't remember her name) about this and she said that if it had not rained recently that they would allow a car to drive down through the field, so they wouldn't have to walk as far.  I would ask them about that and see if it is an option!

Good Luck!
  • ekiphartekiphart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married there in Sept 2012.  We have the same concerns.  The park does not offer any kind of shuttle service down to the the amphitheater.  However. my father-in-law to be has a golf cart we are going to use to shuttle anyone down to the amphitheater that might not otherwise be able to get down there on their own.  We haven't asked if it is ok.  We figure it is easier to ask for forgiveness then for permission.
  • clohrclohr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Where can I find the rates for renting the ampitheater and the nature center? I couldn't find them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards