Indiana

Inexpensive Venues?

Hey I am looking for an indoor venue in downtown Indy (only needed for the reception because the ceremony will be at a church) that is nice but not too expensive. 
any ideas for me to check out?
thanks.

Re: Inexpensive Venues?

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Indiana War Memorial....but my reception is at the University Place Hotel and Conference Center in the ballroom. I am having 55 guests and a buffet reception with two entree's and a mixture of GREAT sides, salads, etc. for $1600. They don't require a deposit fee just a minimum food purchased requirement and the hotel is absolutely beautiful, well maintained and professional. They keep in touch and are big to personalization. 
    Pf Changs also does reception (though a tad bit expensive). If you are having a wedding past Feb of 11...I would even try the new marriot off of West St. That opens in Feb.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • trkrunner1996trkrunner1996 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are willing to travel to Fishers, there is a new community center there that is a great deal.  It is where we are having our reception.  The cost is $600-for non township residents and $500-for township residents.  They allow you to bring in your own caterer and liquor.  It's called the Delaware Township Community Center.
  • edited December 2011
    I would like the information for both places you have suggested thank you for the help phone numbers so I can call see if they have my date avaible.
    bride to be Mrs Ingram
  • cntatecntate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the information about the township center in Fishers!
    Crystal
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the information on the University Place Hotel!! :)
  • trkrunner1996trkrunner1996 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The phone number for Delaware Township is (317) 577-0501. I do know that they require you to have an off-duty Hamilton County officer there to make sure things don't get out of control. There is also a $400 deposit if you have liquor which I believe is refunded if there is no damage. They suggest for your bartenders using Midwest because they already have insurance on file with them. They are $150/bartender for 4 hours. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards