Indiana

Dress Shopping - Indy, Brownsburg, Avon, IN?

Getting ready to start the shopping! I found a couple of local shops to try but it's likely that budget will send me to David's Bridal despite what I've heard about their poor customer service. 

Any positive or negative experiences with any of these, please let me know!
*David's Bridal - Indy
*Today Is Forever - Avon, IN
*Bliss Boutique - Brownsburg, IN
*Bare Necessities - Brownsburg, IN

Or other suggestions in the area! Thanks!

Re: Dress Shopping - Indy, Brownsburg, Avon, IN?

• edited December 2011

I like David's Bridal in Castleton. Erin was my "helper" and she was great! She helped out with me & my FMI & I actually bought my dress the same night!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    OH by the way I think it just depends on who you have because that was my 2nd time going. My first time was TERRIBLE because I didn't have an appointment and I think the lady was mad about that. But this time I called ahead and made one and it went great!
  • edited December 2011
    if youre going to go to davids bridal in castleton you should also go to posie patch/bridal superstore which is litterally 3 mins east of that. i went to davids twice. both times with an appointment. the first time my "helper" got my dresses and that was it. i was a little overwhelmed trying to get stff on by myself but it was also nice to not feel like someone was towering over me. the second time my helper actively helped and was very nice.

i thought i'd picked out a dress at davids but ended up getting a nicer one/also cheaper at the superstore down the road because it was 50% off! i really think the customer service varies from person to person wherever you go. i didnt  personally like my rep at the superstore but she was good at her job.
    June 11, 2011
    Mrs. T

245 invited image 171 Are in! image 44 Missing out image 30 Still Deciding image

I marry my best friend June 11, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cjspencer35cjspencer35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips! I will definitely check out Posie Patch too.
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to quite a few... If you want AMAZING customer service... Brides by Demetrios is hands down my favorite.  June is just fabulous!!!!  They frequently have sales as well!
    02.26.11 is the day I finally marry the love of my life...
  • jennifera24jennifera24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to Bliss Boutique!!!  I went to a few stores and none of them compared to the level of excellent customer service that I received at Bliss!  The second dress I tried on was THE dress!  I also have a few friends who got their dresses from there and they raved about the place. The other places I went were rude and treated me like I was burdening them.  I had my dress to buy, plus I have 8 bridesmaids, so I figured if I was bringing them that much business then I deserved good service.  I can't say enough good things about Bliss :) 
  • mrsalbeemrsalbee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The DB in Castleton really kinda sucks!

I called last minute when I switched my wedding date. They were good about getting me an appointment that night. I was super excited! I went in there and my consultant was stretched SO thin because she had 3 other brides that night. I am pretty low maintenance and I didn't really need that much help, thankfully.

I got my dress, my consultant was nice but she was kinda frantic! Rightfully so.

Now, fast forward 2 weeks later when I am supposed to pick up my dress (cleaned and steamed) or whatever it is they do as complimentary.

I waited up front for at least 20 minutes after someone said "Oh, she'll be right up in a minute".  After waiting, she was walking me back to the alterations area where my dress was. She asked "So, were you wanting to try your dress on today?' I thought to myself, UH DUH! I told her yes and her reply was, "Well, I would normally recommend it, but I just cleaned it and it is still damp. So that might not be a good idea."

They had 2 freakin weeks to clean that dress!! I still think that she completely forgot about my dress and had just cleaned it while I was waiting up front.  My family told me that I should have left the dress there and let it dry and then go back and get it. I just didnt have the heart to leave it there, I love my dress I wanted it!

Good luck wherever you go. I do agree that it just depends on who you get and how much customer service someone is wanting to give you...
    "I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress from A Brides Dream in Avon on Rockville.
  • aleebaleeb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd be careful about going to Posey Patch. I went there today to begin my dress shopping, and it was horrible. I am a little upset that I began my shopping with such a bad experience when I had hoped it was going to be really fun. First off, we had an appoinment at 1, got there and were told we'd be seen in just a few minutes but to start picking out dresses. The consultant didn't get with us until 1:45; I overheard the girl at the counter saying she had taken someone else ahead of me. No one apologied for the delay, Sheri (the consultant) was very rude, cut me off when I'd answer her questions. The consultants dress you in the gowns there, and she kept making comments about my size (a 10, pretty average size, I thought) and wouldn't let me try on a lower sized sample just to get an idea of the look or even let me see how a dress looked if it didn't zip all the way up! She told me straight up that I couldn't try on 2 of the dresses I had picked because they wouldn't fit... THEY WERE SAMPLES! Of course they're not going to always fit, but I thought the reason the store had them was so you could at least get an idea of what the dress may look like on you! I left there very mad at the poor service. They did seem to have a good selection of nice, off-the-rack dresses which I would have liked to take a serious look at- but after the poor treatment, I left rather than give them any money.
  • S0095042S0095042 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

aleeb: i'm sorry your experience was so bad. I went to the Posie Patch and worked with Blair...she was great. I'm bigger then you are and was allowed to try on anything I wanted. I didn't end up getting my dress from there b/c I fell in love with a dress they didn't have. I hope your dress shopping goes better next time and if you saw a dress you liked at the Posie, I would ask directly for Blair...she'll take care of you

as for the David's Bridal in Castleton/Indy DO NOT go on a Saturday!!! Also, it seems to be hit & miss...the first time I went (on a Tuesday) the store was empty and I spent 45 min waiting for my consultant to come back with a dress...my dad found her standing behind the cashier desk gabbing with a coworker--I would have walked out had I been able to get out of the dress alone.

Anniversary
  • cjspencer35cjspencer35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up going to David's Bridal in Castleton, and then Alfred Angelo at the Castleton mall.  I made both appointments for the same day.

Basically, my DB experience was the same as a lot of others described - horrible.  It was packed and chaotic and my "consultant" was basically MIA the entire time.  W/o my bm's and mothers along I would've lost it!  They just overbook, I'm sure it wasn't the consultants fault.  I was so hot & overwhelmed that when I finally found a dress that was pretty good, it just didn't feel like "the one".  The mirrors are on the outside of the fitting room doors and there were people running around like crazy so I could hardly see myself in the dresses that my sister had to help me in and out of.

I decided to go on to my Alfred Angelo appt and see what happened.  It was a complete 180.  My consultant Jen was fabulous.  Every person in my entourage of about 8 had a place to sit, I had a huge mirror to myself, and Jen had 5-6 dresses in my room waiting for me before my appt was even started.  She listened to me - what I like and what I could spend, and found several dresses that I would've been happy leaving with.  They are great to work with! I ended up ordering my dress and all my bridesmaid dresses from their store.  I highly, highly recommend!  
  • kelnash89kelnash89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Bliss with my sister on a Monday morning and it was absolutely wonderful. for most of my appointment we were the only ones in there. I got to pull my own dresses from the racks but was also given suggestions. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

However, I was a little disappointed in the small selection available there.
  • Monolayth3Monolayth3 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Glad you found the right dress and store. I went to Miss pam's  in Rochester IN. It is a little off the beaten path but worth it. I am a plus sized bride and that shop is a plus sized bridal store. Was so wonderful having dresses to try-ont that fit.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Ask me stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards