Indiana

The Fields in Bloomington?

Hi everyone!

So I am in a bit of a high stress situation. My fiance and I booked our venue back in February for next summer, and just found out this week the venue may be closed to public due to remodeling for all of 2012. So we need to find a new venue in Bloomington.

Here is the biggest issue: we live in Boston. I made a trip out in February to book our other venue, but cannot make it back out for a while and am relying on friends and family to help me out - and hopefully other Indiana brides can give me som suggestions as well!

We are looking at the Clubhouse at the Fields, but I cannot find information on how many people the Palladia room holds - the website says the whole clubhouse holds 250, but doesn't get very specific. Has anyone had a wedding there that could give me an idea?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: The Fields in Bloomington?

• edited December 2011
    I don't know about how many people it will fit, but the Fields is an apartment complex that rents out their clubhouse for receptions.  That said, the parking is LIMITED. VERY LIMITED. Just something to consider...
  • emhemmelgarnemhemmelgarn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at the fields in December 2009 and I cannot imagine how they could fit 250! They are set-up where there is a room off the main space - I am guessing this is the room you are looking at. The wedding I went to fit (very tightly) into the side room - I have no idea how many ppl. But, they could not fit their bar in the side room, so the bar was set-up on the complete opposite side of the space near the balcony-side. BAD IDEA. It skewed the whole evening because half of the guests were inside the reception room & half were wandering back and forth from the bar. It halted the dancing big time.

The main space is very nice (big fireplace in the middle). I would recommend that you have the entire reception in that space if you have a big gues list or make sure your whole party can fit (comfortably) in the side room w/a bar. Overall, the clubhouse is pretty!! I am remembering this whole space being upstairs. I don't know if they have a downstairs & if this is the room you are referring to.

Agree on the parking from the PP, but not something to ruin your night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards