Indiana

Michiana Wedding Planner?

Are there any good ones in the SB/Mishawaka/Michiana area?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Michiana Wedding Planner?

• twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Merry Me is considered to be the best in the area.  We are using them more as a Day of Coordinator, but their events always look fabulous.

I've also heard good things about Celebrated Events.

Glad to know there's another Michiana bride out there!  Most of the posts here are Indy, NWI, or Fort Wayne.  Let me know if you need any other help with finding vendors.

When is your wedding?

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • ndirish07ndirish07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married in Michiana but didn't use a planner--I did check out Merry Me's blog and ideas though!  They looked to do fabulous work!   If I lived closer to Michiana I would start my own business haha, but I just had my wedding there, so unfortunately my knowledge of MIchana weddings doesn't help brides where I live!  Good luck!
  • acwmacwm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about Merry Me and Celebrated Events-- both of their weddings usually look pretty wonderful
    Photobucket
  • cwallis85cwallis85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know nothing about the planners, but this is the first post I have really seen any Michiana post.  I am getting married in Goshen.... Glad to see that there are actually others out there! lol! We are getting married Sept 22, 2012

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • acwmacwm member
    edited December 2011
    I know, I haven't seen much in the way of Michiana area chatter on this board! We're getting married next fall, too-- October 27, 2012. I'm also glad to know there are others out there!
    Photobucket
  • cwallis85cwallis85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Right! We live in Illinois now but we are going back because that is where all both sides of our family is from. Nice meeting you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • acwmacwm member
    edited December 2011
    Nice meeting you too! Good luck wedding planning. Come back to this board so we can get some Michiana representation over here :)
    Photobucket
  • twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay, I'm not alone!!

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    We don't have a date set as he just asked mee last Friday!  I just don't know where to start.  I don't even have any idea how much stuff like this costs, and I feel tacky thinking about it constantly! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HippinhipsterHippinhipster member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't really heard anything about anyone other then Merry Me. I haven't seen any of their work though and don't know anyone that's used them. I've helped plan 3 weddings other then mine it really is a lot of fun... you might enjoy doing it yourself :) You could just consider having a day of coordinator to help things run smoothly
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I suck at planning.  We are looking at Tippancanoe Place Saturday, and somewhere in Valpo. It makes me nervous because I don't know how to coordinate stuff.  Who typically does that during the wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_michiana-wedding-planner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:97Discussion:5a141f23-56f8-4aa5-85ea-39411a6917e4Post:83d94231-1ce3-48ed-bf01-92b5196a257a">Re: Michiana Wedding Planner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I suck at planning.  We are looking at Tippancanoe Place Saturday, and somewhere in Valpo. It makes me nervous because I don't know how to coordinate stuff.  Who typically does that during the wedding?
    Posted by blahblah85[/QUOTE]

I've never been to Tippancanoe Place but I've seen pictures of it before... it's beautiful! A friend of mine actually volunteered to be my day of coordinator. She said she wished she had had one for her wedding and wanted to help me in that way. I'm not really sure how much they'd cost or where you'd find one. They're basically someone to make sure everything goes well like giving people their cues and making sure everything is in it's place and stuff. As for planning do you know anyone that does enjoy it? Atleast for me I was super excited when my friends asked me for help in planning their weddings :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found this place online...you could look itnot it if you still want a planner
     http://moorebeautyweddings.webs.com/hiringaweddingplanner.htm

Edit: And just found this listing on craigslist :D
    http://southbend.craigslist.org/evs/2322682531.html
  • HinesWeisHinesWeis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been looking at different coordinators as well. A good friend of mine worked with Michael Angelos "The Event Company". She was BEYOND happy with them. I also have heard good things about Merry Me and Celebrated events.

www.michaelangelosevents.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards