Indiana

Happy Holidays!

Hi friends!
Happy Holidays!
I'm finally on Christmas break and am starting to get excited about new family traditions we are starting this year with both sets of parents.  We are spending Christmas Eve together - going to church and eating dinner. Both sets of parents have only been together twice before, so it will be really nice. There are a few other small things we will do, but it is nice to start thinking about "our" family instead of mine and his.

What about you? Any fun new traditions for the holidays?

Re: Happy Holidays!

• edited December 2011
    FI & I are still working out how to schedule busy holidays with all of our ffamily groups.  We're hosting Christmas eve at our apartment for his mom & siblings.  All of our families live within 30 minutes of each other, so that helps, but we live almost 2 hours away from that. 

Christmas morning we'll go to my brother's house (mom lives next door) to watch my niece & nephew open their gifts and do our family gifts.  Then we'll head to FFIL's house to give him & FI's brothers their gifts.  Then back to my house for the extended family's lunch and gifts.  Finally we'll head to FI's g-parents' for his extended family's gathering. 

It's going to be a crazy day but I'm looking forward to it.

Oh, and it's been somewhat of a tradition to have FI's little brothers come up to our place between Christmas & New Year's, which should be fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Same to you but more of it.

No traditions really.  We just wear new pjs on christmas eve and read The night before christmas.  No family out in CT.  If we were back home in Indiana than we would have chirstmas eve with FI family and Christmas Day with my family.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards